Turn on thread page Beta

Health and social care exam u7 9th june watch

ReputationRep:
    Heya! Just wondering if anyone who's taking the health and social care exam u7 has any predictions for the paper tommorow or any helpful revision tips as I'm really struggling to remember the ins and outs of each theory and which approach they belong to!

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I don't know how but I keep getting really high marks in the test papers without trying, it is literally all general knowledge. when you answer the questions just remember it is all linking back to positive care, and if you can't remember anything try and remember empowerment/confidence leading to a positive self-concept (which maintains their health and well-being) also think about the really obvious stuff, And always explain it! The devil (marks) are in the detail!

I literally think this is one of the most difficult exams to revise for because the book is so vague and gives too many policies, just be confident, stay calm and answer the question in as much logical detail as possible and you should do well x

ReputationRep:
    What were the answers from todays paper?!?!?! anyone think they know? how did people find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjjazmine)
    What were the answers from todays paper?!?!?! anyone think they know? how did people find it?
    I found it so confusing. The layout wasn't as I was expecting and we hadn't been warned about pollution or a large question on flooding! Really struggled today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmberG)
    I found it so confusing. The layout wasn't as I was expecting and we hadn't been warned about pollution or a large question on flooding! Really struggled today
    what paper are you talking about? i mean the health and social unit 9 edexcel one hehe

ReputationRep:
    Oh no I was talking about understanding human behaviours paper 😅 whoops
    what paper are you talking about? i mean the health and social unit 9 edexcel one hehe

ReputationRep:
    I agree the paper was confusing. I also thought the paper was hard, the majority of things on it i was weak at. We taught ourselves the exam as our teacher had no clue on the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikkiBanister)
    I agree the paper was confusing. I also thought the paper was hard, the majority of things on it i was weak at. We taught ourselves the exam as our teacher had no clue on the exam.
    Mmm I know the feeling! All we went over in class was theorists. Nothing about flooding or anything like that?! I found myself limited for things to say on the last question as well

ReputationRep:
    I did the edexcel unit 7 paper today. Anyone else? How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StudentEmmax)
    I did the edexcel unit 7 paper today. Anyone else? How did you find it?
    I found it quite good actually, i am glad there wasnt a big question about the new nhs structure, what did u put for the last question i found that one hard? plus what was the asnwer to the one about what happens in the assessment part of the care plan? ))

ReputationRep:
    Mmm I know the feeling! All we went over in class was theorists. Nothing about flooding or anything like that?! I found myself limited for things to say on the last question as well
    What did you guys put for the respite care one? Was it the emotional effects for people who need caring/have a condition that are going into the centre??

I also struggled with the self-concept questions I thought they were soo vague😳

ReputationRep:
    I found it quite good actually, i am glad there wasnt a big question about the new nhs structure, what did u put for the last question i found that one hard? plus what was the asnwer to the one about what happens in the assessment part of the care plan? ))
    Me too, overall I felt quite confident about it. I was sooooo happy about the 8 or 10 marker (can't remember) on effective communication! I found the last question really hard too. I can't really remember what I wrote but I think I made most of it up. To that question I literally put first, plan then implement, monitor and review the care plan which are the four stages of the care plan process. I hope that's right but that's all I could think of!

ReputationRep:
    Me too, overall I felt quite confident about it. I was sooooo happy about the 8 or 10 marker (can't remember) on effective communication! I found the last question really hard too. I can't really remember what I wrote but I think I made most of it up. To that question I literally put first, plan then implement, monitor and review the care plan which are the four stages of the care plan process. I hope that's right but that's all I could think of!
    yay im glad it went good for you! what are you hoping to do next year? if you want to go to uni... which course and which uni? ))

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Edge Hill University hopefully to do Childhood and Youth Studies and Sociology. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Edge Hill University hopefully to do Childhood and Youth Studies and Sociology. How about you?
    I am going to do primary education at mmu hopefully

ReputationRep:
    I am going to do primary education at mmu hopefully
    Aww good luck! What other A levels are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Aww good luck! What other A levels are you doing?
    you too! english and health and social double, what about you

ReputationRep:
    English language, Sociology and Health and Social.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, those who did the human development behavior paper yesterday.. was the respite care question about emotional development an evaluation or an analysis question? because I wrote all the good things as I thought it was an analysis question but when I left the exam some people were telling me it was actually an evaluate question.. can any one remember? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    when is the exam please?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.