Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I haven't seen a thread for this yet, so feel free to post any predictions, especially for the 6 markers! Goodluck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to it should be lots of case study so expect them on every page and learn them ALL good luck to all let's ace this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what case studies do we need to know? e.g.one on secondary sector growth in a lic or mic etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10101gg)
    what case studies do we need to know? e.g.one on secondary sector growth in a lic or mic etc
    (Original post by FenixZ)
    Looking forward to it should be lots of case study so expect them on every page and learn them ALL good luck to all let's ace this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by penguinsandseals)
    Hi! I haven't seen a thread for this yet, so feel free to post any predictions, especially for the 6 markers! Goodluck for tomorrow!
    Hey guys! I'm sitting this tomorrow also! All of tonight, I've written up a list of the case studies we've been given (for HT) in a lil' booklet given to us by the teachers. I've designed question sheets for them so you can find them attached plus an answer sheet for all of them too! I'll be uploading them to TSRs resource bank as well as TES also. Good luck to you all! Best wishes!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx case study facts 'test yourself' answers.docx (16.0 KB, 222 views)
  2. File Type: docx case study facts 'test yourself'.docx (20.1 KB, 240 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    Hey guys! I'm sitting this tomorrow also! All of tonight, I've written up a list of the case studies we've been given (for HT) in a lil' booklet given to us by the teachers. I've designed question sheets for them so you can find them attached plus an answer sheet for all of them too! I'll be uploading them to TSRs resource bank as well as TES also. Good luck to you all! Best wishes!
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a way of remembering the butler model case studies (Blackpool or Benidorm)?
    I've managed to remember the stages, just not what happens at each stage for each case study.... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vausebi)
    Does anyone have a way of remembering the butler model case studies (Blackpool or Benidorm)?
    I've managed to remember the stages, just not what happens at each stage for each case study.... :/
    This is for Blackpool as that's the one I remember:

Exploration - only the very wealthy could afford to go there. Few visitors. Unspoiled area.
    Involvement - rail links began to form, people began to take the trains in and some basic accommodation began to be built.
    Development - visitor numbers soar. Blackpool now considered 'tourist destination'.
    Consolidation - 850,000 - 3 mil visitors - attractions like Blackpool Pier built and Blackpool Tower in 1894. Most people work in tourism industry.
    Stagnation - Blackpool viewed as spoilt so visitor numbers decrease.
    Decline - Visitors dropped because place seen as rundown.
    Rejuvenation - 7 million more visitors. 2 billion invested. Redevelopment of brownfield sites. New shopping center, art center, upgraded hotels, new roads, houses and car parks.

It prob won't come up though as it was on the 2014 paper. But you never know.

ReputationRep:
    For the deindustrialization question, is writing about less public services and that less money will be around in that area count as marks? Also, is talking about how it makes the place quieter and as a result more wildlife would thrive anther mark or so? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone think? I thought the questions were rather sneaky, many of the more minor case studies (eden project, south wales etc) came up in the 6 markers which was fine but not so great if you only briefly touched on them. For the youthful population question, I put China?! I don't think we've done any others on that. Also, the 6 marker in a tourist's world was tricky.

Overall ok, pretty tricky at certain points but hopefully I did well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immyB01)
    What did everyone think? I thought the questions were rather sneaky, many of the more minor case studies (eden project, south wales etc) came up in the 6 markers which was fine but not so great if you only briefly touched on them. For the youthful population question, I put China?! I don't think we've done any others on that. Also, the 6 marker in a tourist's world was tricky.

Overall ok, pretty tricky at certain points but hopefully I did well
    I thought it was alright, the six marker on political tourism was hard i didnt know what to write for six marks! and for the youthful population i did the gambia, but it was hard too

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do a case study for the youthful population one cause I assumed that the case study Q was the one before that. Anyway, I think it was kinda tricky but still good in places. I think overall though, the physical and skills papers were better and much nicer. Maybe it's because human geography is more so common sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbeyjayne)
    I didn't do a case study for the youthful population one cause I assumed that the case study Q was the one before that. Anyway, I think it was kinda tricky but still good in places. I think overall though, the physical and skills papers were better and much nicer. Maybe it's because human geography is more so common sense.
    Case study Q?! Yeah this one was pretty hard, I'm just glad blackpool didn't come up

ReputationRep:
    This exam made up for the lack of case studies in unit 2. The whole thing was full of them, even the 2 markers.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, hope everyone did well, just wondering what would my overall grade be if I got a B in coursework and a C,D,Ein the exams. Im hoping for a C overall, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Y123456)
    This exam made up for the lack of case studies in unit 2. The whole thing was full of them, even the 2 markers.
    Unit 2 case studies were so easy to remember in comparison to these... This one did miss out a few big ones such as bracknell, norwich, japan; I just feel sorry for the people in my class who theorised that this one wouldn't have any case studies either so didn't revise them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cdstxxhhgcx)
    Hi, hope everyone did well, just wondering what would my overall grade be if I got a B in coursework and a C,D,Ein the exams. Im hoping for a C overall, thanks
    Depends on the actual marks (high B? Low D?) but you will either get a C or a D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immyB01)
    Case study Q?! Yeah this one was pretty hard, I'm just glad blackpool didn't come up
    Like the 2 mark ones about ecotourism and rural depopulation! :-) i put blackpool into the last 6MQ about political factors!

ReputationRep:
    unit 2 and 3 exams have been so different to any past papers I've done! Strangely I found population to be the hardest topic in the tests overall when usually it's my best :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 10, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.