The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 6GP04 June 2015 Topic B: Political Ideologies

Just a thread to post about the Unit 4 Politics Exam next week!
Reply 1
I know I should start revising Unit 4 but I'm so drained from Unit 3 and history today!
Reply 2
Original post by lilza
I know I should start revising Unit 4 but I'm so drained from Unit 3 and history today!

same! my head started hurting after the exam so i've just been resting, but i need to revise for my other exam which is in 2 days D:
Reply 3
Original post by lilza

I know that feeling I had history and politics today like you. I just want to sleep forever.
I also did history and politics today but the upshot is I've got just unit 4 and 2 maths exams left.
Reply 5
Not sure if this will help anyone but ill just upload these anyway.
Original post by Toussaint
I also did history and politics today but the upshot is I've got just unit 4 and 2 maths exams left.

Ah, I've found someone who does Politics and Maths!
Reply 7
there is no point planning 45 markers for feminism is there?
Reply 8
Original post by atxya
there is no point planning 45 markers for feminism is there?

I don't think so no.
Reply 9
Original post by Becky1456
I don't think so no.

okay thanks (:
Just thought i'd post the essay trends here for you all-
Feminism has had an essay on the PAST 4 exams
Ecologism has had an essay on the PAST 3 exams
Nationalism had an essay LAST YEAR
Multiculturalism did NOT have an essay LAST YEAR

So I'd advise everyone to smash feminism SAQs because the likelihood is, it won't be an essay thus it'll have 2 SAQs. You could still avoid them since you answer 3/5 but it seems a good idea to revise them well.

this was the same in unit 3 with anarchism as there was no anarchism essay this year though it appeared 3 years in a row before. It was taken out for liberalism which hadn't appeared last year in the essay section.
Reply 11
Original post by SkippyJay97
Just thought i'd post the essay trends here for you all-
Feminism has had an essay on the PAST 4 exams
Ecologism has had an essay on the PAST 3 exams
Nationalism had an essay LAST YEAR
Multiculturalism did NOT have an essay LAST YEAR

So I'd advise everyone to smash feminism SAQs because the likelihood is, it won't be an essay thus it'll have 2 SAQs. You could still avoid them since you answer 3/5 but it seems a good idea to revise them well.

this was the same in unit 3 with anarchism as there was no anarchism essay this year though it appeared 3 years in a row before. It was taken out for liberalism which hadn't appeared last year in the essay section.

thanks for this. do you think i can get away with planning all 45 markers for ecologism and revising it inside out as this is the question i would answer since feminism won't come up, and revise core themes for the others?
Reply 12
btw guys i'm putting all the past questions in order in terms of the ideology, i'll post them on here when i'm done
Reply 13
Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling really stressed? I feel like I spent way too much time on unit 3 and now I know like nothing for unit 4. Doesn't help that I have geography on Monday. Ughh :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by lilza
Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling really stressed? I feel like I spent way too much time on unit 3 and now I know like nothing for unit 4. Doesn't help that I have geography on Monday. Ughh :frown:

I feel like this and I have geography on monday and sociology on monday also. I honestly can't be ******
Reply 15
Original post by lilza

i've only revised core themes for feminism, i don't even have notes for the different forms of ecologism and that's the question i would answer for a 45 marker...i don't think i have time to revise more than 2 ideologies as i have an ethics exam on the same day. i'm so stressed i just want to give up. D:

when do you guys have your last exam? mine is on the day we have politics after my ethics exam in the afternoon...honestly cannot wait for that day.
Reply 16
Original post by atxya
i've only revised core themes for feminism, i don't even have notes for the different forms of ecologism and that's the question i would answer for a 45 marker...i don't think i have time to revise more than 2 ideologies as i have an ethics exam on the same day. i'm so stressed i just want to give up. D:

when do you guys have your last exam? mine is on the day we have politics after my ethics exam in the afternoon...honestly cannot wait for that day.

It's good that you know feminism core themes because it's likely to come up as two 15 markers! Ugh same, I know how you feel :frown: At least your exams are over soon! Mine finish next Friday :frown:
Reply 17
i think i'm the only one thats struggling to find ecologism easy? i'm finding it so hard and nothing seems to make sense to me. also the questions look hard. D: i'm changing my mind and answer a nationalism 45 marker instead. :/
Reply 18
I wish I put more effort into unit 4... does anyone else feel like this at the moment?
There's another thread for this exam. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3055735 ☺️ Hope I helped x

Quick Reply

Latest