Clueless screwed clueless screwed(English lit) Watch

Kerryannemccx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay, so I'm doing my as level English lit test on Thursday on the great gatsby and poetry, and I haven't got a clue(hense the title) could anyone help me! Tips/predictions/things to learn, for both gatsby and poetry thanks guys)))))
Matt4398
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
are you doing Yeats/Kavanagh as poerty? for Gatsby, you need to read the novel. I honestly haven't read it either but I feel that I understand it and have taken part in debates where I have walked all over those who had ( don't meant to seem like a d**k lol) look for chapter summaries, key quotations and explore key themes such as the American Dream and Women and also do background research. Look at Fitzgeralds own biography as some points of his life were used as inspiration when writing the great Gatsby eg Zelda and Daisy. Id say you could learn it in 3 days. poerty just learn the techniques. break it up into context, structure and form, language and imagery and tone. hope this helps and good luck!
Kerryannemccx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hey! for the poetry, its all poems of Heaney and montague we are learning but I was hoping someone would know some predictions of what theme would come up eg, love/woman/authority etc... I am so clueless about the poetry! for the Gatsby thank you so much for the tips! yeah I didn't read the novel but I know it well. thanks for this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (125)
17.83%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (72)
10.27%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (121)
17.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (101)
14.41%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (68)
9.7%
How can I be the best version of myself? (214)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed