AQA Chemistry Unit 1 Tuesday 9th June 2015Watch
- Use the information above and your own knowledge and understanding to evaluatewhether Brazil should in future produce ethanol from crude oil or produce ethanol fromsugar cane.You should include environmental and economic or social factors in your evaluation
- Use the information above and your knowledge and understanding to describeadvantages and disadvantages of using plastic shopping bags made from poly(ethene).
- Use the information on page 8 and your knowledge and understanding to suggest theadvantages and disadvantages of extracting petroleum products from oil sands.
- Describe and explain how petrol is separated from the mixture of hydrocarbons incrude oil.
- Use this information and your knowledge and understanding to give advantages anddisadvantages of using biodiesel instead of petroleum diesel.2015 predictions
Crude oil and fuels is probably not going to come up. All the 6 markers give you info like data and numbers, so it's not as hard as c2+3. Products from oil is also not likely to come up. I reckon it's from one of these topics:
=>Rocks and building materials (Limestone&its uses/ reactions of carbonates/ the limestone reaction cycle/cement and concrete/limestone issues)
=>Metals and their uses(Extracting metals/Iron and steels/Aluminium and titanium/extracting copper/useful metals/metallic issues)
=>Plant oils(Extracting veg oil/Cooking with veg oils/Everyday emulsions/Food issues)
=>Our changing planet(Structure of the earth/the restless earth/the earth's atmosphere in the past/life on earth/gases in the atmosphere/co2 in the atmosphere)
Does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for the aqa chemistry exam foundation tier June 9th 2015?