The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE PHYSICS UNIT 1 (P1): Friday 12th June 2015

Feel free to post any predictions, especially for them 6 markers! feel free to share what is most likely and unlikely to come up on Friday's paper!

goodluck for Friday.

Scroll to see replies

Can someone please post the most important notes because my teacher hasn't even finished the physics gcse chapter with us yet and I'm so eff'd
Original post by Young Sinatra
Can someone please post the most important notes because my teacher hasn't even finished the physics gcse chapter with us yet and I'm so eff'd

just remember:
specific heat capacity
you need know them calculations
diffraction, reflection, refraction
learn the specification
learn everything possible basically just to be on the safe side

I have mine too, hopefully we both do well
good luck:wink::smile:
Original post by sara.s123
just remember:
specific heat capacity
learn the specification

Thank you
Last night I studied Part A and tonight I' going to study part B
I wish you good luck :smile:
Original post by Young Sinatra
Thank you
Last night I studied Part A and tonight I' going to study part B
I wish you good luck :smile:

try going through a lot of the main topics

Electricity generation
Red shift
Evaporation, radiation, convection, conduction
Specific heat capacity
Calculations
general knowledge about Waves
Reply 5
Any possible 6 marker questions ??
6 marker could be about the national grid and how it works.
Original post by sara.s123
just remember:
specific heat capacity
learn the specification

Good luck everyone :smile:

Original post by johntathon124
6 marker could be about the national grid and how it works.

6 marker options:
National Grid - possibility given there wasn't much on it in P3
Solids, Liquids, Gases - extremely unlikely (maybe a 2 marker?) as P3 had a 6 marker on them
Conduction/Convection/Radiation - maybe
Vacuum flasks - maybe
Animal adaptations/Insulating homes - possible although hasn't been seen in the past few years
Doppler Effect/Big Bang - extremely likely because there was no mention of stars in P2&P3 and stars almost always appear...somewhere!

My weak areas are remembering all of insulating homes/vacuum flasks. Any tips for remembering them (I know it's late!)?
Reply 8
Original post by JenniMusic

6 marker options:
Solids, Liquids, Gases - extremely unlikely (maybe a 2 marker?) as P3 had a 6 marker on them
Vacuum flasks - maybe
Animal adaptations/Insulating homes - possible although hasn't been seen in the past few years
Doppler Effect/Big Bang - extremely likely because there was no mention of stars in P2&P3 and stars almost always appear...somewhere!

My weak areas are remembering all of insulating homes/vacuum flasks. Any tips for remembering them (I know it's late!)?

DCLOTH (Sounds silly I know)

D - draught proofing- foam/plastic around doors to sop droughts of cold air = convection

C - cavity wall insulation - foam between bricks in wall to stop convection currents being set up = radiation, conduction and convection

LO - loft insulation - thick layer of fibreglass wool laid out = conduction + convection

T - thick curtains - big cloth over window = conduction + radiation

H - hot water tank jacket - material that provides heat for water tank e.g fibreglass wool = conduction + radiation

after the = it tells you the ways in which heat lost is reduced. I don't know if you'll find this helpful but it helped me XD
Reply 9
Good luck guys i have an exam too xx
How hard do you think this exams going to be? Or will it be easy like the chem exam? Ffs scared
Original post by rhadawey
DCLOTH (Sounds silly I know)

D - draught proofing- foam/plastic around doors to sop droughts of cold air = convection

C - cavity wall insulation - foam between bricks in wall to stop convection currents being set up = radiation, conduction and convection

LO - loft insulation - thick layer of fibreglass wool laid out = conduction + convection

T - thick curtains - big cloth over window = conduction + radiation

H - hot water tank jacket - material that provides heat for water tank e.g fibreglass wool = conduction + radiation

after the = it tells you the ways in which heat lost is reduced. I don't know if you'll find this helpful but it helped me XD

Thank you so much! :biggrin:
Predictions are:
Cost of electricity
Payback time
U-Values

6 markers-
Energy
Renewable energy
Energy transfers
Big bang

Everything else:
Waves - doppler
red shift
sound
electro magnetic

aaaaand sankey diagrams
Original post by JenniMusic

6 marker options:
Vacuum flasks - maybe

Vacuum flasks came up in 2013 so they're unlikely to come up as another six marker :smile:
Guys, what do you think I possible 6 marker on the national grid could be??
Original post by GCSE student 1
Guys, what do you think I possible 6 marker on the national grid could be??

Maybe something like how power stations generate electricity including how energy is transferred to produce electricity to enter the national grid and step up and step down transformers?
What type of question would come up for a 6 marker question on the big bang... kinda my weak point

Also what features are there on a vacuum flask.. my revision guide gives:
Vacuum (reduces radiation,Convection& conduction)
Shiney surface on inside(reduce radiation)
Cap is plastic filled with foam
Held by insulating foam

Also how does cavity wall insulation stop convection and how does CMBR prove the big bang theory
Thanks if you can reply... GOOD LUCK
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
If there is a 6 marker on em waves what would it be and what would you put? Hoping its on the Big Bang though!!
Reply 17
Original post by Veggieswillrule
What type of question would come up for a 6 marker question on the big bang... kinda my weak point

Also what features are there on a vacuum flask.. my revision guide gives:
Vacuum (reduces radiation,Convection& conduction)
Shiney surface on inside(reduce radiation)
Cap is plastic filled with foam
Held by insulating foam

Also how does cavity wall insulation stop convection and how does CMBR prove the big bang theory
Thanks if you can reply... GOOD LUCK

It's likely to be on the evidence to prove it etc like cmbr and red shift I will give u a perfect answer in a minute if you like?
Original post by Lala205
It's likely to be on the evidence to prove it etc like cmbr and red shift I will give u a perfect answer in a minute if you like?

Could you please tell me your answer, really need help! Thankyou!
Reply 19
Original post by GCSE_core
Could you please tell me your answer, really need help! Thankyou!

Yep two seconds.....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending