DominicRCWC
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It says on my exam timetable list thing that it is 90 minutes but I'm confused... is it meant to be 90 minutes x 2 (3 hours)? Are there 4 essays to write or just 2?

Is it pick 1 essay out of 4 choices for philosophy and the same again for ethics, 45 minutes each.

Or is it, 2 essays for philosophy and another 2 for ethics, and pick out of 4 choices, giving us 3 hours?

*posting in this forum too just in case because i think its better here than the other place i posted. x)
12AS1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, not sure about Philosophy but for Ethics you will have the option of 4 questions I believe. You pick only two questions of your choice to answer, 90mins for both papers. So that would be roughly 40mins on each question although how you spend your time is completely up to you. Hope that helps
Naomi12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DominicRCWC)
It says on my exam timetable list thing that it is 90 minutes but I'm confused... is it meant to be 90 minutes x 2 (3 hours)? Are there 4 essays to write or just 2?

Is it pick 1 essay out of 4 choices for philosophy and the same again for ethics, 45 minutes each.

Or is it, 2 essays for philosophy and another 2 for ethics, and pick out of 4 choices, giving us 3 hours?

*posting in this forum too just in case because i think its better here than the other place i posted. x)
It's 90 minutes on the 10th for philosophy, two questions, and then 90 minutes on the 17th for ethics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gos123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't understand how hard this is:

Tommorow - We get one paper, on that paper there are four questions, we do two of them in 90 minutes.
This roughly means we do 41-2 minutes per question (if you include planning, checking and faffing with papers/supplement booklets).

Each essay is worth a maximum of 35 marks each:
21 marks (AO1) for knowledge, description and understanding
14 marks (A02) for analysis, evaluation and critical thinking.

Grade boundaries are relatively fixed, with about 27/28 out of 35 required for an A.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (119)
65.03%
No I haven't decided yet (39)
21.31%
Yes but I might change my mind (25)
13.66%

Watched Threads