75%
QML (1)
25%
MrFantastisch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, as my safe uni I'm tring to decide between these two. I'm interested in biochemistry and subjects such as gene biotechnology, synthetic biology and biomedical research. QML looks better research wise and in research facilities but it has a low percentage of time in lectures. Is this a problem? Which is better?
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrFantastisch)
Hi, as my safe uni I'm tring to decide between these two. I'm interested in biochemistry and subjects such as gene biotechnology, synthetic biology and biomedical research. QML looks better research wise and in research facilities but it has a low percentage of time in lectures. Is this a problem? Which is better?
Hi there,

Rather than just throwing marketing facts at you, i was wondering if you had any specific questions about the course, us, Birmingham or student life in general?

I'm a 2014 graduate now working for the university and a Birmingham local, so i'm poised to answer anything you can throw at me.

Josh
MrFantastisch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
At aston I'm looking at the biology research facilities at the moment. In the biotech lab you appear to do some research in recombinant proteins and the corse has molecular biology modules- but what facilities do you actually have for genomics e.g. Genetic sequencing, RNA analysis, synthesis etc...
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrFantastisch)
At aston I'm looking at the biology research facilities at the moment. In the biotech lab you appear to do some research in recombinant proteins and the corse has molecular biology modules- but what facilities do you actually have for genomics e.g. Genetic sequencing, RNA analysis, synthesis etc...
Hi,

Apologies but that's one of the few questions too specific for me to give you a direct answer, i would suggest contacting the admissions department for the course and they should be able to give you a full breakdown of the facilities for said course: [email protected]

Josh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads