Didn't get my grades but Liverpool accepted me success stories ?! Watch

advent
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just had my biology exam today and it was shocking!!
I have been accepted to study psychology if I get ABB grades! Will Liverpool still accept me if i get ABC?????
Gaming_Hippy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
assuming there's a low number of applicants yes, other wise probably not
HassanD
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by advent)
I have been accepted to study psychology if I get ABB grades! Will Liverpool still accept me if i get ABC?????
I know how you feel... I am on a gap year and retaking a few exams including unit 5 bio. Hearing about unit 4 bio exam has officially scared me.
SomeGuy96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have a friend who does Computer science who got accepted with BBC when he needed ABB. Also have a friend studying Geography who got BCC and needed ABB but still got in. I'd say there's a pretty good chance, but i don't know much about your course. Liverpool seem to over-inflate their offers though.
advent
Rep:
?
(Original post by SomeGuy96)
I have a friend who does Computer science who got accepted with BBC when he needed ABB. Also have a friend studying Geography who got BCC and needed ABB but still got in. I'd say there's a pretty good chance, but i don't know much about your course. Liverpool seem to over-inflate their offers though.

Thank you!! Filled me with hope hahahhaha
advent
Rep:
?
(Original post by JayB124)
This was about ten years ago, but in one of my A levels in particular I needed an "A". I ended up with a "C". This was largely due to the exam board (incorrectly) surmising that I had cheated in one exam and the coursework and so gave me zero. This was before Twitter and Facebook so I would have needed a very good and expensive lawyer to get justice.

As long as there are still places to fill you should get a place.
Did you still get a place then even with a C?
advent
Rep:
?
(Original post by JayB124)
Yep. And thankfully no-one asks me about my A-levels anymore.
Pray this happens to me!! It's going to be a long summer haha
Illuminate.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My offer for politics was ABB and I got A*CC but was still accepted. (Granted one of those was only two marks off of a B)

I believe Psychology is very competitive though... They have a huge intake.
MissB26
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've got friends studying Psychology and they always say how packed their course is and there are genuinely a lot of people studying Psychology at the moment. Nevertheless Liverpool is lenient with intake depending on the course and the number of applicants.

Good luck on your A Levels I'm sure you'll be fine 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
chelsmasterson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey I've just finished my first year doing Psych at the Uni of Lpool and I was offered a conditional place for ABB too I didn't get anywhere near the entry requirement (okay so i didn't fail but i didn't get the ABC that you are worrying about) which made results day hell as I didn't get an update on Track until around 10.30am, whilst my friends had theirs at around 7 in the morning lol. I wouldn't worry, I guess it's subject to how many places are left after they've accepted those that did get the grades
advent
Rep:
?
(Original post by chelsmasterson)
Hey I've just finished my first year doing Psych at the Uni of Lpool and I was offered a conditional place for ABB too I didn't get anywhere near the entry requirement (okay so i didn't fail but i didn't get the ABC that you are worrying about) which made results day hell as I didn't get an update on Track until around 10.30am, whilst my friends had theirs at around 7 in the morning lol. I wouldn't worry, I guess it's subject to how many places are left after they've accepted those that did get the grades
Thank you so much for your reply! this has filled me with hope haha

so if on results day they haven't yet made a decision, my track wont change?
Could it be that my track hasnt changed, yet at 4pm for example they choose to reject me?
chelsmasterson
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you so much for your reply! this has filled me with hope haha

so if on results day they haven't yet made a decision, my track wont change?
Could it be that my track hasnt changed, yet at 4pm for example they choose to reject me?
No it's fine! The same happened to my friend who does law - she didn't meet the requirements but she still got in. I'm not entirely sure... On the day I was all over the place haha; because they hadn't updated my Track, I thought they must have still been deciding and I got so worked up that I rang the Uni up and the advisor said that they probably hadn't made a decision yet. Thank God I had a decent personal statement then haha. Oh gosh I can't really say whether they'd reject you or not, just don't get too worked up over it, you never know what might happen
ChiFlee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey original post, what were your results and did you get in?? I done the same bio unit 4 exam as you and it messed up my grade lol. Went from a B at AS to 2 marks off a B at A2 -_- im gonna externally resit the paper next year though because I don't like having a C on my record. Everyones grades I know decreased due to that paper haha!
caitlinlouise97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Remember there are no caps on university places anymore. I started studying History this year, in my final results I got ABB and the requirement to study history is AAB/AAA
ImagineCats
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did they let you in??? Im in the same boat rn
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 21 Sep '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (38)
15.9%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (17)