Will i get finance to study ACCA after completing a Economics and Finance degree? Watch

Awais7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello there,

This is my first post on the Student Forum so please excuse me! Also, I have searched everywhere but had no luck finding a topic similar to mine.

To keep it simple…

I have successfully completed a 3 year degree in Economics and Finance.

During my 3 year course, I received both maintenance loan and grant from the student finance company.

Now I want to study ACCA

My question is… Can I receive any funding to support my ACCA studies?
Are there any loans or bursaries available?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
lia207
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey

I am currently an ACCA student. As far as I am aware there is no funding available as this is a professional course.
However, as you have a relevant degree you will be awarded some exemptions according to the university/modules you studied which saves quite a fair amount of tuition money!
There are also websites you can use to study ACCA for free - opentuition or acowtancy.
If you are going to use these websites make sure you get an updated practice and revision kit from an ACCA approved provider as this will ensure you pass your exams first time saving hundreds of pounds. I prefer BPPs materials they're triple platinum awarded by ACCA.

Hope that helps.
Awais7
Rep:
?
Hey thanks for the reply!

Im not sure if it makes a difference, but the Uni I was studying at offers the ACCA course.

Is it still possible to get funding as it is a University course?
lia207
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey no problem
Again as far as I know its not possible but then again I was looking into this last year and the gov may have introduced something now :/
I myself am at BPP university doing ACCA.
I think, as I said before because this is a professional course theres no funding available as such.
Have you tried contacting ACCA or asking your uni?
Awais7
Rep:
?
To be honest I doubt there is funding but just thought I'll ask before I apply!

How you getting on anyways? How difficult is ACCA ?

I think I am exempt from F1,F2,F3. Do you think F4 is easy enough to self study?
lia207
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha ok although I still think you should ask your uni. Maybe they'll know?
I won't lie ACCA is tough but it is do-able. I just sat my f7 8 9 last week. I would say sit a max of two paper exams together otherwise gets really difficult to manage especially because exam days are one after the other.
Yes f4 can definitely be done alone via self study. I would recommend BPP course notes. That's all you need to pass. it basically cuts the useless rubbish out of the study text saving you a lot of time!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (46)
67.65%
No I haven't decided yet (15)
22.06%
Yes but I might change my mind (7)
10.29%

Watched Threads