The Student Room Group

Parents wont let me go out at night ??

So ive finished uni and after all that hard work my parents wont let me go out. Wtf. First I was sort of held back as I wasnt really allowed to move out and now at home I cant go out with my friends at night yesterday we wanted to leave for like 11pm and come home for 2am. But they wont let me wtf this is bull****. Im not even at work tomorrow.

Im 22 ffs:angry::angry:

Scroll to see replies

Your an adult they shouldn't control you.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by kickboxer 98
Your an adult they shouldn't control you.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do though. I cant even work late night security jobs.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
They do though.

Are they going to stop you by physical force? nah so just go LOL :u:
What?! Why don't they? :/
i d do your best to find somewhere to move out to with them discovering i guess
R you their only child? May just b anxious and protective x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gosh my parents are like this, I just went out anyway & eventually they came round...well sort of :lol:
Need to talk to your parents, telling them how you feel, + if they are not physically stopping you, just walk out of your house, you're 22, they have no right to control your life, it's yours not theirs.
Reply 9
Original post by MsFahima
What?! Why don't they? :/

They say its too late.
Original post by kickboxer 98
R you their only child? May just b anxious and protective x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Na oldest out of three
Original post by Multitalented me
Gosh my parents are like this, I just went out anyway & eventually they came round...well sort of :lol:

What happend ?
Are you asian?
What happend ?
Well they didn't shout or anything just asked where I went, & I said a friends house when I was actually at some bars/clubs, they are still not totally keen on the idea though so could get more angry later on, but I'm still planning to go out plenty more times haha. It's actually improved my social skills & confidence a fair bit & helped me meet some new people, long may it continue :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by peanutbuttercup
Are you asian?

Yes pakistani, I wonder how you guessed :tongue:
So ive finished uni and after all that hard work my parents wont let me go out. Wtf. First I was sort of held back as I wasnt really allowed to move out and now at home I cant go out with my friends at night yesterday we wanted to leave for like 11pm and come home for 2am. But they wont let me wtf this is bull****. Im not even at work tomorrow.

have you ever ****ed up big time before?? i got ****faced once and crawled in at 3 covered in puke... parents didnt let me out the bloody house for months but thats understandable.
also are you asian? i am and they seem a wee bit to overprotective just like 90% of my asian friend's parents
Original post by Anemone4Life
have you ever ****ed up big time before?? i got ****faced once and crawled in at 3 covered in puke... parents didnt let me out the bloody house for months but thats understandable.
also are you asian? i am and they seem a wee bit to overprotective just like 90% of my asian friend's parents

No never, I work aswell its bull****. I dont go to any clubs or anything. We just drive around.
Original post by Multitalented me
Well they didn't shout or anything just asked where I went, & I said a friends house when I was actually at some bars/clubs, they are still not totally keen on the idea though so could get more angry later on, but I'm still planning to go out plenty more times haha. It's actually improve my social skills & confidence a fair bit & helped me meet some new people, long may it continue :tongue:

Keep doing it bro, it's fun, helps social skills, just an overall good time. Why should they be able to control you? It's your life.
Original post by Dark Elixir
Keep doing it bro, it's fun, helps social skills, just an overall good time. Why should they be able to control you? It's your life.
Exactly! :five:

They do though. I cant even work late night security jobs.

Yes pakistani, I wonder how you guessed :tongue:

ah to all my questions: never mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending