RE: I'm a private candidate and I can choose whatever I want to study, help me decide

Watch
Owen Phillips
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Okay, I have spent all night contemplating and self-debating about which and how many GCSEs to take, privately at an independent boarding school and, with two academic years from September, I've decided to do:

Free Standing Maths Qualification (Advanced): Additional Mathematics
IGCSE Mathematics
IGCSE English Language
IGCSE English Literature
IGCSE Biology
IGCSE Chemistry
IGCSE Physics
IGCSE History
IGCSE German
GCSE Classical Greek
GCSE Latin

I will study for 10.5 hours, 5 days per week, every week for 20 months until my exams and it works out to be 400 hours per subject. 200 for the FSMQ.

Are these 10 'good', are they enough and will I get into Oxbridge with them all at A*?

Also, I've done a lot of research into autodidacticism and I am going to become one. I've bought Robert Blakey's books which I highly recommend, and with my strong will power and hope,do we think this will be possible?
dinglebells
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
yh
roarchika
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Owen Phillips)
Okay, I have spent all night contemplating and self-debating about which and how many GCSEs to take, privately at an independent boarding school and, with two academic years from September, I've decided to do:

Free Standing Maths Qualification (Advanced): Additional Mathematics
IGCSE Mathematics
IGCSE English Language
IGCSE English Literature
IGCSE Biology
IGCSE Chemistry
IGCSE Physics
IGCSE History
IGCSE German
GCSE Classical Greek
GCSE Latin

I will study for 10.5 hours, 5 days per week, every week for 20 months until my exams and it works out to be 400 hours per subject. 200 for the FSMQ.

Are these 10 'good', are they enough and will I get into Oxbridge with them all at A*?

Also, I've done a lot of research into autodidacticism and I am going to become one. I've bought Robert Blakey's books which I highly recommend, and with my strong will power and hope,do we think this will be possible?
You sound well organised and like you've done your research - so I'd say definitely! I'm a current GCSE Latin student, doing A Level Latin next year as well as Classical Greek GCSE next year: If you want any help with either, feel free to message me.
Owen Phillips
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by roarchika)
You sound well organised and like you've done your research - so I'd say definitely! I'm a current GCSE Latin student, doing A Level Latin next year as well as Classical Greek GCSE next year: If you want any help with either, feel free to message me.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (719)
41.51%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (346)
19.98%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed