The Student Room Group

What normally unacceptable behaviour is suddenly okay during exams?

Like... I had a friend who just lived off cheese and biscuits and basically stopped showering and everyone was like.... eh it's exams, it's fine :dontknow:

Anyone got any other examples?

:eek3:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Like... I had a friend who just lived off cheese and biscuits and basically stopped showering and everyone was like.... eh it's exams, it's fine :dontknow:

Anyone got any other examples?

:eek3:

"a friend" :eyebrow:
Original post by jenhasdreams
"a friend" :eyebrow:

It wasn't me! :colondollar:

I can't remember what I did, A-levels were so long ago :eek3: :shakecane: :cry: Im old
It wasn't me! :colondollar:

I can't remember what I did, A-levels were so long ago :eek3: :shakecane: :cry: Im old

Hush young'un!
its ok for your room to be a pig sty
Reply 5
Original post by ImNotReallyMe

That's definitely me!
And no sleep for like a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImNotReallyMe

Usually for me my room becomes miraculously clean during revision time :ninja:
- messy room
- general lack of hygiene (not showering, not brushing teeth)
- staying inside for days on end
- not replying to texts and/or calls
Exam season royally sucks :lol:
Eating all of the middle part of a watermelon
Reply 9
Last year I was pulling off all nighters, so yeah I didn't "waste time" by eating any meals (just lots of snacks), showered like once every week, managed like an hours sleep each day

Also because I was told it was important to be hydrated during exam, I was drinking tons of water during the day and, you know what that leads to..

This year I've just been opposite. Totally chilled, getting as much sleep as I can. But I think it's mainly the people who haven't revised enough who pull off these stunts
Original post by binarythoughts
Eating all of the middle part of a watermelon

Isn't that the bit you're supposed to eat? :lolwut:
Isn't that the bit you're supposed to eat? :lolwut:

I meant the very centre; the juiciest bit. Not the paler parts.
I used to get up at 5 to start revising at that time and always start with a coffee and two chocolate digestives....

Only in exam time... :holmes: Thinking about it now that was the worse thing to do.. immediate caffeine and sugar rush before eating breakfast.... :getmecoat:
I find it hard to eat anything around exam time.

I can chew and chew and chew. Try to swallow and just gag.
I can't swallow without a drink too. Unless it crap like crisps and chocolate.
Original post by Strawberry68

Sounds like anxiety/nerves :frown: Make sure you're looking after yourself and taking time out from revision etc. to relax and de-stress :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Strawberry68

Try reading that from a dirty perspective :colondollar:
Reply 16
Coming into a catholic school for exams looking really stoned and being mistaken for a beggar, when they clearly mention it's forbidden to wear anything else other than a suit.
Putting on weight... :indiff:

To keep me happy during exam time, I treat myself to a packet of biscuits a day :facepalm: . Great for motivation, awful for the waist-line :emo:
Original post by Nirgilis

To keep me happy during exam time, I treat myself to a packet of biscuits a day :facepalm: . Great for motivation, awful for the waist-line :emo:

But more huggable :lovehug:
Original post by Nirgilis

i came out of an exam today and thought I'll treat myself to a bag of cookies - I can have half now and half tomorrow. To give me credit, they did last around an hour before they all mysteriously disappeared....

Quick Reply

Latest