AQA Classical Civilisation CIV4D 12th June 2015

Watch
Clytaemnestra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi there, is anyone doing this exam on Friday? I'm feeling quite nervous!
Serphinia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing 4C so joining you in the nervous boat! Which did you do today?
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
(Original post by Serphinia)
I'm doing 4C so joining you in the nervous boat! Which did you do today?
CIV3B Persian Wars, how about you?
Serphinia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did the same! Do you think it went okay?
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
Also, I have been talking to people about the 3B exam who are also doing 4C, I can put you in touch with them if you like? Feel free to PM curiousginger
Serphinia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Clytaemnestra)
Also, I have been talking to people about the 3B exam who are also doing 4C, I can put you in touch with them if you like? Feel free to PM curiousginger
That would be brilliant, thank you :-)
On the bus atm, so will do it when I get home
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
I did the same! Do you think it went okay?
It was really good I think! I practically predicted what would come up last night, and it did! I predicted Xerxes' lament and myth 10 marker was on the kommos and 40 mark was on oracles and divine intervention, what was the other 40 marker? I knew it was bad when I looked at it :P
Serphinia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Wow, thats awesome! Im not sure what the other 40 was, I did the divine one. I think I messed it up though, didnt write about any other comparative factors :-/
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
Wow, thats awesome! Im not sure what the other 40 was, I did the divine one. I think I messed it up though, didnt write about any other comparative factors :-/
Don't worry - for the 20 I talked about Darius' ghost adding more drama and for the 40 I talked about speeches
Serphinia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thats kinda a relief! I've spent the afternoon looking up UMS totals and seeing how many marks I can drop before I lose my A haha.
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
Thats kinda a relief! I've spent the afternoon looking up UMS totals and seeing how many marks I can drop before I lose my A haha.
That's good though, I don't even have an A - I got a B in CIV1A, and a D in CIV2B which dragged my average to a C, so I retook CIV2B last week, hopefully it's going to work out in the end, I'm kinda depending on them in case these exams go shockingly.
Serphinia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm hoping you get the mark you need then! I'm kinda freaking out because I average a B in all my other subjects and I need ABB in order to get into Uni.
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
Thanks
aaronspiers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there, is anyone doing this exam on Friday? I'm feeling quite nervous!
I'm doing this exam! I'm definitely feeling a little nervous, I'm going to be cramming as much as possible between now and Friday! I had the unit on Greek Tragedy today - nobody else seems to have done that one!
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
(Original post by aaronspiers)
I'm doing this exam! I'm definitely feeling a little nervous, I'm going to be cramming as much as possible between now and Friday! I had the unit on Greek Tragedy today - nobody else seems to have done that one!
Oh right that sounds good! In unit 3B we had to choose either Herodotus or Aeschylus, and then the 40 marker was a comparison between the two. Aeschylus is Greek tragedy
aaronspiers
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh right that sounds good! In unit 3B we had to choose either Herodotus or Aeschylus, and then the 40 marker was a comparison between the two. Aeschylus is Greek tragedy
Ah, that's interesting! I actually tried to persuade our teacher last year to teach us that unit for A2, but the head of section made us do the Julio-Claudians and Greek Tragedy. I've enjoyed Greek Tragedy a lot though, I think so much so that I'm actually going to buy and read other Greek tragedies this summer! Did you like Aeschylus?
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
(Original post by aaronspiers)
Ah, that's interesting! I actually tried to persuade our teacher last year to teach us that unit for A2, but the head of section made us do the Julio-Claudians and Greek Tragedy. I've enjoyed Greek Tragedy a lot though, I think so much so that I'm actually going to buy and read other Greek tragedies this summer! Did you like Aeschylus?
Yeah it was good!
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
Has anyone got any predictions for tomorrow's CIV4D paper? I'm thinking possibly a 40 marker on frontier and provincial policy, which I'm not good at so I'm revising that now...any others? Apparently Tacfarinas is unlikely to come up again for a 10 marker, but could it for a 20 marker?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (15)
32.61%
No (31)
67.39%

Watched Threads