Can I delete my own threads?

Watch this thread
Tw1x
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I just posted a question on the technology forum and wondering if theres a way to delete it because I have solved the problem now. When I press the edit button (which comes up as edit/delete) the only thing I can do is change text. I don't see any option to delete the entire thread? Maybe I'm just being really thick....?
Tanqueray91
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tw1x)
I just posted a question on the technology forum and wondering if theres a way to delete it because I have solved the problem now. When I press the edit button (which comes up as edit/delete) the only thing I can do is change text. I don't see any option to delete the entire thread? Maybe I'm just being really thick....?
Is it the original post that you are trying to delete? I don't think you're able to delete those yourself, so you'd need to post in AtCT.
physicst
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
you can delete your posts provided that you are not first poster , not the entire thread I thought
Tanqueray91
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by physicst)
you can delete your posts provided that you are not first poster , not the entire thread I thought
I might not have been very clear. You can of course only delete your own posts, as long as it's not the original post.

So, even if you are the first poster, you can still any other post in the thread... Getting the original post (and therefore the thread, or at least changed user) removed, would need to be done by the CT.
physicst
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
I might not have been very clear. You can of course only delete your own posts, as long as it's not the original post.

So, even if you are the first poster, you can still any other post in the thread... Getting the original post (and therefore the thread, or at least changed user) removed, would need to be done by the CT.

I think one can edit his post weather he is a first post or not. editing means he can remove the content of the post. please correct me if I am wrong.
Tanqueray91
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by physicst)
I think one can edit his post weather he is a first post or not. editing means he can remove the content of the post. please correct me if I am wrong.
Yeh, you can edit any of the posts, even the first one, but that just leaves a blank OP...

Rather than just have a blank thread lying around, it's tidier, to just add in at the bottom of the OP:

EDIT: Sorted, don't need help here anymore.

Then still ask the CT to remove it if you want it removed... ultimately, either way will achieve the same thing of not receiving responses (although some may choose to respond if it's left!)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (9)
34.62%
Take a gap year (6)
23.08%
Resit my exams (6)
23.08%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (3)
11.54%
I don't know yet (1)
3.85%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
3.85%

Watched Threads