Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

revision think you've left until too late? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey i livein the caribbean we do some gce exams b4 peps in other parts of the wporld and some after because of the time difference.....so link with me and know what is on ur exma b4 u do it...i ull tell me what is on mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    duh, but there are rarely ppl who learns fast. except someone i guess... haha XDDD~~
    it also depends on how ur brian is designed, some people study chemistry while they cant even understand the concept, the basics. i am not saying u can't study things if ur brain is not designed for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa00)
    maybe you just fall down/ suck on exams?
    probably... but ppl are jus gd at different things or there may be some difference in IQ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    probably... but ppl are jus gd at different things or there may be some difference in IQ
    perhaps - a lot of people struggle with chemistry and a big downfall is that they cannot apply themselves in exam situations

ReputationRep:
    maybe you just fall down/ suck on exams?
    i probably do but its my school nd the facilities and stuff too
    think so nyway

ReputationRep:
    perhaps - a lot of people struggle with chemistry and a big downfall is that they cannot apply themselves in exam situations
    yeah u should know because u study chemistry as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    it also depends on how ur brian is designed, some people study chemistry while they cant even understand the concept, the basics. i am not saying u can't study things if ur brain is not designed for.
    difference in IQ or their brain jus cant adapt to those stuff caused by environmental factors

ReputationRep:
    cant apply? to me its nth more than regurgitating the contents of the syllabus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisellep2003)
    hey i livein the caribbean we do some gce exams b4 peps in other parts of the wporld and some after because of the time difference.....so link with me and know what is on ur exma b4 u do it...i ull tell me what is on mine
    chemistry edexcel or pure maths edexcel!!!!!
    what u doin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    think so nyway
    so what school are u going to?

ReputationRep:
    think so nyway
    it could be the way u think through stuff, not that u suck at it or ur IQ is low.

ReputationRep:
    so what school are u going to?
    some school in cyprus u wouldnt know it
    its too small, im the only one doin chemistry A level this year so i should be doing great considering its one on one with the teacher
    but im afraid iv been teaching myself coz i dont understand the teacher, she just reads ou of the book when she tries to teach me

ReputationRep:
    its too small, im the only one doin chemistry A level this year so i should be doing great considering its one on one with the teacher
    but im afraid iv been teaching myself coz i dont understand the teacher, she just reads ou of the book when she tries to teach me
    see there is the reason

ReputationRep:
    see there is the reason
    i guess but what am i supposed to do now? shes a nice teacher and all and i would tell her can we do it this way but she always insists that her way is the best!
    i mean iv finished nw and everythin.. any tips on teachn urself ?

ReputationRep:
    i guess but what am i supposed to do now? shes a nice teacher and all and i would tell her can we do it this way but she always insists that her way is the best!
    i mean iv finished nw and everythin.. any tips on teachn urself ?
    yeah chemistry is a bit tricky to teach urself..mmm..why don't u get ur friends, and explain the questions and seee if she understand. that is a really good practice

ReputationRep:
    yeah chemistry is a bit tricky to teach urself..mmm..why don't u get ur friends, and explain the questions and seee if she understand. that is a really good practice
    well all my friends are also busy revising, plus they all hate chemistry!
    reading thru the book and pastpapers is what im doing at the moment, the only think i can think of really

ReputationRep:
    Yeh I kinda do feel Ive left revision till too late, its only a week until P3(I feel fine for this) and 2 chemistry modules(feeling good for these too) but after that Ive got P2/M2/Chem4/Chem5/Phys5 all of which are abit dodgy ! No one but myself to blame though

ReputationRep:
    Is it St johns?

ReputationRep:
    well all my friends are also busy revising, plus they all hate chemistry!
    reading thru the book and pastpapers is what im doing at the moment, the only think i can think of really
    i think now u need to draw spider-diagrams. e.g a topic:bonding, then write down all the things u know about bonding, and then check it with ur textbook

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Is it St johns?
    no i dont live at the bases
    its the international school of paphos
    and if u know the headmistress. shoot her i hate her

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.