How Did You Find EDEXCEL D1? (POLL)

Watch this thread
Poll: How Did You Find This Years EDEXCEL D1?
Very Hard (1)
8.33%
Hard (6)
50%
Alright (2)
16.67%
Quite Easy (3)
25%
Gwaine
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What did you think of this years EDEXCEL D1 exam? Cast your vote.

Personally I thought it was the unfairest D1 exam I've ever seen due to the volume of weird questions, especially when we consider that all the papers from 2007-2014 all followed the same pattern.

I didn't think it was hard as last year but more hectic and far easier to drop marks in then in June 2014 D1 (That question with K in the objective function overwhelmed even oxbridge students and Maths teachers).
Amy .C
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
It was alright TBF, but i got stuck on the last part of the linear programming question (f) and the last part of the route inspection problem (d) but that is only 5 marks - so i think it was fine - others in my class struggled tho…

I think it was easier to drop a lot of marks too. But once you got your head around the questions it was alright
Gwaine
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Amy .C)
It was alright TBF, but i got stuck on the last part of the linear programming question (f) and the last part of the route inspection problem (d) but that is only 5 marks - so i think it was fine - others in my class struggled tho…

I think it was easier to drop a lot of marks too. But once you got your head around the questions it was alright
Agreed, there were places where it felt as though you were being driven in a car while having a steering wheel fight with EDEXCEL constantly trying to drive you into a bush.
Euclidean
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I didn't think that D1 was too difficult this year, looking at the solutions posted by Arsey I think I lost a few marks (2/3) provided I did the binary search right (I'm self studied)

I definitely feel like M2 and D1 were some of the best exams for me this year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (269)
42.36%
The paper was reasonable (261)
41.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (58)
9.13%
It was TERRIBLE (47)
7.4%

Watched Threads