Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Whoa lucky you
    Even though I'm really tired I can never get to sleep, no matter how much sleep I get (usually about 14 hours on weekends, 5 or 6 on week days) I'm always exhausted. :rolleyes:
    try taking more exercise and sleeping less on the weekend

ReputationRep:
    I always try to oversleep on the weekend so I'm less tired on weekdays, but it has the wrong effect - I just find it harder to sleep on weekday nights because I'm not tired from the weekend, so I go back into the cycle.

Usually I go to sleep at 12:30 and wake up at 7:00, so I said 6 hours. I can't go to sleep any earlier than 11:00 anymore! Don't know why I just can't. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    try taking more exercise and sleeping less on the weekend
    I get plenty of exercise, and I can't help but sleep cos I am so tired I just end up going to sleep in a chair if I get out of bed :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    I can't go to sleep any earlier than 11:00 anymore! Don't know why I just can't. :confused:
    Lol, neither can I, even if I have got up really early :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Sparked off by the thread about how it is never too late to start revising, I'm wondering how much sleep people get during the exam period.
    I never get enough. Hmmph, they should do something about cutting down the amount of exams we sit. I'm glad I did my French A Level last year, less stress. I want at least 7 hours - otherwise I won't perform well. It'll be worth the revision though I will have six A Levels by the time I've finished them, the four I'm going to sit and geography and french which I've done already

ReputationRep:
    I normally go to bed before 12 exam or no exam, but I wake up at 5 a.m. at the latest. I may stay in bed until about 7 a.m., but I like to listen to the news on the radio as I lie in bed, sit in bed and glance over notes/past papers for oncoming exam or just read a book, et cetera.

I need sleep, but five - six hours is enough. Weekend sleep is 10+ hours though

I prefer to do work in the morning at say, 3 a.m. than stay up late to do it, because then yo uknow you have a deadline to work to and my efficiency rate increases vastly under pressure. What can I say, strange girl am I.

ReputationRep:
    I am one of those people who need loads of sleep. I slept for about 12 hours today- from about 4 AM to 4 PM. I wish I didn't need so much sleep, then I'd get loads more done.. but if I just want to go to bed then I get nothing at all done!

ReputationRep:
    I find if I sleep in past about 11, the day seems incredibly short, so I make a habit of getting up at 7 (or 9 at the latest), even if I've got in late the night before. On exam nights, I think 7 hours does me fine.

ReputationRep:
    I try and sleep from 11 p.m till 7 a.m - much more or less than eight hours and I'm out of it. Apparently regularity of sleep is nearly as important as amount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderer)
    I try and sleep from 11 p.m till 7 a.m - much more or less than eight hours and I'm out of it. Apparently regularity of sleep is nearly as important as amount.
    Hmm... you think that sleeping in on weekends is a bad idea then?

ReputationRep:
    On the one weekend day I can lie in (I start work at nine on the other) I wake at 7 but don't get up - I'll read or something until about nine. If I do let myself sleep I end up more tired. It makes no sense, but it's true.

ReputationRep:
    I normally get about 6 hours sleep; has done me well over the years. I actually think over-sleeping is worse than under-sleeping at exam time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    I normally get about 6 hours sleep; has done me well over the years. I actually think over-sleeping is worse than under-sleeping at exam time.
    So my 3.am bed time and 7.00 wake up time is a good thing lol?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 30, 2004
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.