?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Some difficult 1/2 markers but definitely high grade boundaries
RachJess4
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm so happy with that 6 marker! That was the topic I'd been revising JUST before I went into the exam so it was fresh in my mind! I agree about the difficult short questions though!
megwilks
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I agree, some of the 1 and 2 marks were hard but overall the paper I thought was really good! The six mark question was good too but I do think the grade boundaries will be high now!
hope99
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what did everyone put for the one for the graph with what to do to make the points more accurate or something? also what about the steel one, i think i put make into an alloy adding small amounts of other metals to the iron eg carbon but now i'm scared in case i got my words mixed up and wrote copper by accident ffs:noway:

hmm any other ones anyone was unsure about so we can compare answers? i can't remember anymore right now haha
yoitsmeeee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What did anybody right for the
compounds non mental's bonded with metals particles......
Compounds with metal's bonded with metals particles...

(question was something along those lines)

Found the paper too easy,now im scared for grade boundaries
javvyjingle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was happy about the six marker, and about fractional distillation because it's a case of remembering rather than understanding. I wasnt too sure of how iron made steel in a furnace!? I used the diagram and said that the oxygen that went in reacted with the carbon in the iron to make carbon dioxide (shown on diagram as waste gases), and this left pure iron which was steel. I know this is not right but just made a wild guess, do you think I will get any marks for this?

Also, for the one about iron and copper pylons, I put that copper would be corroded by water so would be unsuitable, do you think that would be a possible answer?

I liked the topics they included but I hate how AQA phrase their questions! I feel like they can be interpreted in more than one way and this should be reflected in the mark scheme!
Briony goldin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yoitsmeeee)

Ions
Molecules
Hermione118
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by yoitsmeeee)

I asked my teacher afterwards, she said:
I) ions
ii) molecules

I agree then grade boundaries will be high.
Hermione118
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For the pylons question I said that aluminium was better at conducting high voltage electricity currents than copper.
liziepie
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Hermione118)
For the pylons question I said that aluminium was better at conducting high voltage electricity currents than copper.
I don;t think thats true, copper is a better conductor. I put aluminium has a low density
Hermione118
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by liziepie)
I don;t think thats true, copper is a better conductor. I put aluminium has a low density
Copper is a good conductor but aluminium is better for currents with a higher voltage - I read about it ages ago (not in the textbook though). It was all I could think of and bet it's not on the mark scheme. I think that low density is right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
glaciermints
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
can someone post the mark scheme im very curious to see if i got the answers right
babybluepastel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was so happy with everything! I was legit ecstatic when I walked out! However, as everyone found it really good, I'm kinda worried for the grade boundaries😁 What's the highest a grade boundary can be? Like 50/60 is an A*?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (123)
29.08%
No (300)
70.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed