The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Occupational Therapy at Bournemouth - Year 1 timetable query

Hi there
I am wondering if any current students (or anyone else who know for that matter) are able to give a rough idea of the timetable for year one Occupational Therapy BSc?
I don't mean the term dates or placement dates (those are available online) but just during the periods of university attendance, roughly how many days/hours a week are spent in lectures/tutorials? These probably change year on year but I am only looking for rough guidance about how much time is spent actually in uni.

Many thanks in advance!
Original post by FutureStudent15
Hi there
I am wondering if any current students (or anyone else who know for that matter) are able to give a rough idea of the timetable for year one Occupational Therapy BSc?
I don't mean the term dates or placement dates (those are available online) but just during the periods of university attendance, roughly how many days/hours a week are spent in lectures/tutorials? These probably change year on year but I am only looking for rough guidance about how much time is spent actually in uni.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi there

I've spoken to one of the practitioners on the course and they've advised me that lectures are likely to take place Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Wednesdays are usually reserved for BU Sports so that day might be teaching-free - although there may be mandatory training for you to attend.

As timetables aren't out yet, it's very difficult to provide a concrete answer but you should expect the course to be full-time (including placements).

I hope this helps a little.

We look forward to meeting you in September!

Sarah
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by FutureStudent15
Hi there

Many thanks in advance!

Hi i am applying for Bournemouth university and wondering if you know what the interviews are like as i really want to go to this university. Furthermore do you have any tips for the interview?
Original post by YM_xo
Hi i am applying for Bournemouth university and wondering if you know what the interviews are like as i really want to go to this university. Furthermore do you have any tips for the interview?

Hi YM,

Hopefully someone will reply to your question that is on the same course and will be able to give you some more interview tips!

Unfortunately I don't do the same course, however I did have to have an interview for BA Television Production at BU so will just give you a few general interview tips....

1. Be yourself. From my experience I found the people on the interview day that were trying to compete against everyone else and draw all the attention to them didn't end up getting on the course. So if you have any group tasks make sure that you listen to others and work as a team.

2. Prepare yourself. Write down all the potential questions you think your be asked and practice saying your answers out loud. There will probably be some obvious questions you can think of such as "why do you want to study this course?" So maybe bullet point the reasons you have before hand, so on the day it will be easy to remember.

3. Relax and don't stress. I found my interview to be a lot less scarier than I presumed it would be. At the end of the day they just want to get to know you as a person, they don't want to scare you or make you nervous. I like to look at interviews as general discussions, the only difference is that you're speaking to someone you just met.

I wish you all the best with your interview and I hope this post helped!
If you have any questions about BU or the town in general feel free to ask :smile:

Gemma :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending