Report Thread starter 6 years ago
All yours!
Reyden
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Today we had our OCR Gateway P1, P2, P3 exam,
I think I did well on the questions that I did answer, but I feel quite bad that I missed so many of the last questions, I just couldn't find the time to answer the last ones and before they collected it in I count the marks I'd missed and they added up to 22!

I was wondering if anyone else faced the same problem?
Mudas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reyden)
Today we had our OCR Gateway P1, P2, P3 exam,
I think I did well on the questions that I did answer, but I feel quite bad that I missed so many of the last questions, I just couldn't find the time to answer the last ones and before they collected it in I count the marks I'd missed and they added up to 22!

I was wondering if anyone else faced the same problem?
The exam was, most certainly, very time constricting! I only managed to miss one question but i didn't have the time to check my answers - silly mistakes incoming!
nish_99
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I missed out 4 marks in total so i agree that OCR messed this paper up and the last 6 marker was hard!
Reyden
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The second six mark question wasn't that difficult, it just took ages to write it out I think, did you guys get: source X = Gamma, source Y = alpha and source Z = beta?
Mudas
Rep:
?
The second six mark question wasn't that difficult, it just took ages to write it out I think, did you guys get: source X = Gamma, source Y = alpha and source Z = beta?
Yup! Dot on!
Reyden
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Phew aha, Did you answer the question which you had to find the current travelling through the wires? I got 5000 A for the first one and 7000 and something for the second one, wbu?
zee1941
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Can somebody tell me what the 6 mark questions were?
Mudas
Rep:
?
Phew aha, Did you answer the question which you had to find the current travelling through the wires? I got 5000 A for the first one and 7000 and something for the second one, wbu?
Yeah!
It was like 7272.72!
Reyden
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The first six mark question was about the properties of a laser beam and about how CDs work, the second was about discovering the identity of 3 radioactive sources by comparing their count rate with an increasing width of paper. I didn't get onto the third one but i think it was to do with roller-coasters and how GPE is converted into KE.
Reyden
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HarrisonGCSE)
Yeah!
It was like 7272.72!
Yeah, that's it aha, you had to rearrange power = voltage x current to get it I think, what similarities and differences did you put for the comparison between how microwaves and infrared cook food, for similarities I put that they both increase the KE of the food particles, causing a heating effect, also that they both require further energy transfer such as conduction and convection. For differences I put about how microwaves penetrate 1cm into the food before being absorbed whereas infrared is absorbed by the surface particles of the food,
zee1941
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The first six mark question was about the properties of a laser beam and about how CDs work, the second was about discovering the identity of 3 radioactive sources by comparing their count rate with an increasing width of paper. I didn't get onto the third one but i think it was to do with roller-coasters and how GPE is converted into KE.

this question?:
"Digital audio and video data are commonly downloaded from websites. Explain whysuch information is transmitted using digital rather than analogue signals. Go on todiscuss the factors which affect the quality of music that is regenerated and why MP3and MP4 formats are commonly used."
Reyden
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by zee1941)
this question?:
"Digital audio and video data are commonly downloaded from websites. Explain whysuch information is transmitted using digital rather than analogue signals. Go on todiscuss the factors which affect the quality of music that is regenerated and why MP3and MP4 formats are commonly used."
I don't think so, that's more to do with analogue and digital signals and compression of them I think,
Mudas
Rep:
?
Yeah, that's it aha, you had to rearrange power = voltage x current to get it I think, what similarities and differences did you put for the comparison between how microwaves and infrared cook food, for similarities I put that they both increase the KE of the food particles, causing a heating effect, also that they both require further energy transfer such as conduction and convection. For differences I put about how microwaves penetrate 1cm into the food before being absorbed whereas infrared is absorbed by the surface particles of the food,
I put the identical for the differences. I said they both further transfer energy through conduction/convection and they both give energy to the particles in the food!
swingrx
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can anyone remember the wording of the question in which you had to work out the speed of the wave?
Ergh... this paper went so badly, I massively ran out of time... I didn't manage to even attempt the last six marker.
Also how do you think this paper compared with last year's?
Do you think the grade boundaries will be higher?
Jess1599
Badges: 1
Report 6 years ago
I think so many people had issues with timing partly because for one of the six markers you had to write pretty much a whole page, partly because some of the questions were worded awkwardly and also because so many questions required you to use equations that you had to find on the first page.
What do other people think?
Reyden
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by HarrisonGCSE)
I put the identical for the differences. I said they both further transfer energy through conduction/convection and they both give energy to the particles in the food!
Well, we're either both wrong or both right aha, is there any that you got stuck on, the one about nuclear radiation kinda confused me, how people would become safer, I think I put something like, the workers would be provided with hazmat suits to prevent exposure to radiation, but I have a feeling it was wrong, plus its a two mark question so even if it was right I would only get one mark,
swingrx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jess1599)
I think so many people had issues with timing partly because for one of the six markers you had to write pretty much a whole page, partly because some of the questions were worded awkwardly and also because so many questions required you to use equations that you had to find on the first page.
What do other people think?
I think compared to previous papers you didn't have to use that many equations, but I completely agree that many of the questions were worded terribly and that second six marker took forever...
swingrx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well, we're either both wrong or both right aha, is there any that you got stuck on, the one about nuclear radiation kinda confused me, how people would become safer, I think I put something like, the workers would be provided with hazmat suits to prevent exposure to radiation, but I have a feeling it was wrong, plus its a two mark question so even if it was right I would only get one mark,
I put exactly that! I think you'll get one mark for the that.
Reyden
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by swingrx)
I put exactly that! I think you'll get one mark for the that.
Yeah same, but I just couldn't think of anything to put for it, did you put anything else?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
12.99%
I need help researching courses (7)
9.09%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.19%
I need help with my personal statement (32)
41.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (19)
24.68%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.6%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed