JBMusic
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So the exam is tommorrow, how is everyone finding revision? What do you think will come up??

There's hardly anyone doing it by the look of things, but hopefully someone is on here!
Connagh1996
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Revision going great!
As far as what I think will come up:

They've never had a Gabrieli 13 marker for Sonata Pian e Forte so possibly that.
Possibly Stravinsky and Purcell aswell!

As for 36 markers, I think one will definitely include harmony and/or tonality - as they're the most prominent features to comment on regarding continuity and change! Who knows?!

Good luck!
JBMusic
Rep:
?
(Original post by Connagh1996)
Revision going great!
As far as what I think will come up:

They've never had a Gabrieli 13 marker for Sonata Pian e Forte so possibly that.
Possibly Stravinsky and Purcell aswell!

As for 36 markers, I think one will definitely include harmony and/or tonality - as they're the most prominent features to comment on regarding continuity and change! Who knows?!

Good luck!
Great! I think in terms of essays I feel very prepared, just worried about the difficulty of the aural side of things,

have you done much practice/how have they been going? the melody notation is particularly difficult in the time you get!

Good luck to you too
Connagh1996
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good to hear you're prepared!

In terms of the aural, I'm feeling pretty good... Having to do Grade 8 Aural for Piano, Clarinet and Singing anyway so I'm not ridiculously worried about the Aural. The dissonance question is most likely going to be suspension or appoggiatura, then the chords will be noticeable in all of the typical cadences ii7b V7 I etc...

First time you hear the melodic dictation, just notate the rhythm above the staff - if you get all the rhythms correct you still get 4/8, even if the pitches are incorrect! Also, sometimes it is easier to work backwards!

Good luck!
JBMusic
Rep:
?
Yes, I've done ABRSM Grade 8 aurals, even Grade 7 theory- but somehow there is something about this that's unpredictable, but a lot of the answers are not too difficult such as naming Dominant/diminished 7ths and augmented sixths.

We will just see how it goes; Sounds like you are very well prepared !
Connagh1996
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you want to hear some augmented 6ths, just repeatedly listen to Bar 7 of the Beethoven :P.

By the sounds of it, the only thing stopping you will be the pressure of being in an exam. Don't stress about it. There is no point spending the rest of today panicking over it, especially if it is only worth 8 marks. If you ace the rest of the paper, you can live with losing 8 marks!
JBMusic
Rep:
?
Trying not to stress about it!!

In final stages of memorising some applied points then I'll feel ready...

Good luck tommorrow morning... praying for a friendly exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads