The Student Room Group

M2 result & University Application

I just did my M2 exam, and using the model answers/unofficial mark scheme, I got about 70%. This counts towards A2, and according to my teachers is the 'Big Decider' for A-level Further Maths. I am worried any university I apply to thinks the same. Before this exam I was aiming for 90%+, and A+. Now I am really worried. I can only retake next summer, after university application. I am an AS student, but did M2 a year early.
About university application:

Do I need to mention this result? (Is this classified as lying if I don't include it)

Just say, 'well I haven't finished AS maths yet, no results for you there' :O

Can universities find out anyway? I mean the result for M2 specifically.

Will it affect my chances of an offer?

NB: I think I can do well enough in all my other A2 exams, and M2 retake (I just didn't do enough revision), so the end A-level grade is not a problem, just actually getting an offer is the problem :frown:

Pls respond.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Exos
I just did my M2 exam, and using the model answers/unofficial mark scheme, I got about 70%. This counts towards A2, and according to my teachers is the 'Big Decider' for A-level Further Maths. I am worried any university I apply to thinks the same. Before this exam I was aiming for 90%+, and A+. Now I am really worried. I can only retake next summer, after university application. I am an AS student, but did M2 a year early.
About university application:

Do I need to mention this result? (Is this classified as lying if I don't include it)

Just say, 'well I haven't finished AS maths yet, no results for you there' :O

Can universities find out anyway? I mean the result for M2 specifically.

Will it affect my chances of an offer?

NB: I think I can do well enough in all my other A2 exams, and M2 retake (I just didn't do enough revision), so the end A-level grade is not a problem, just actually getting an offer is the problem :frown:

Pls respond.

You have to include it unfortunately. I doubt it will make much difference, where/what are you thinking of applying to/for?

If you have good UMS in your other modules they will probably just see it as a "bad day". 70 is by no means bad, by the way.
Reply 2
Original post by lizard54142
You have to include it unfortunately. I doubt it will make much difference, where/what are you thinking of applying to/for?

If you have good UMS in your other modules they will probably just see it as a "bad day". 70 is by no means bad, by the way.

Oxbridge :colondollar:. My predictions were good enough for Oxbridge, but now...
Original post by Exos
Oxbridge :colondollar:. My predictions were good enough for Oxbridge, but now...

Hmm. Well make sure you get 95+ in every other module to make up for it! And you can always state your intention to resit next year in your UCAS application. You want to apply for maths, I take it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending