carpe.noctem
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I know i would enjoy both subjects equally, i wold definately find geography easiser but i would find classics more intresting. Which would you recommend ?
carpe.noctem
Rep:
?
Bump

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fxcku
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am about to do Classics at Durham next year (if exams go to plan) but I also do geography and had the exact same problem, I've always got pretty much 100% in geography since GCSE and I found it wouldn't be enough of a challenge so I chose Classics! It's much more highly rated by employers and geography is a bit too mainstream now due to the sheer volume of people doing it
carpe.noctem
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fxcku)
I am about to do Classics at Durham next year (if exams go to plan) but I also do geography and had the exact same problem, I've always got pretty much 100% in geography since GCSE and I found it wouldn't be enough of a challenge so I chose Classics! It's much more highly rated by employers and geography is a bit too mainstream now due to the sheer volume of people doing it
Thanks , how did you find classics at A-level in comparison to geography ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Fxcku
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Geography is a lot of work, I mean the amount of case studies you need is vast. However the concepts themselves are straight forward. Latin is great, but obviously a much harder A level which requires thorough language and literature learning.
carpe.noctem
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fxcku)
Geography is a lot of work, I mean the amount of case studies you need is vast. However the concepts themselves are straight forward. Latin is great, but obviously a much harder A level which requires thorough language and literature learning.
Oh yes freaking hate learning case studies , but I would only be doing it to AS which I heard is very similar to GCSE level content ,to what extent do you think that is true ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
mjrd
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends what you decide to study at uni. Geog is a fascillitating subject and i have just sat AS level and it was really enjoyable. Also if its an easy subject for you then happy days as its 1 less subject you need to really study for. I choose religion for same reason, automatic B and with a little revision an A, that gives me more time to foccuss on my other 3 A levels.
Fxcku
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Content wise AS was easy, I did rivers, coasts, population and health issues. But the volume of work is far greater and there are a lot more case studies needed.
Sacred Ground
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just finished AS Geography and did: energy, rivers, coasts and populations, the content is a lot but the learning the landforms is very straight forward. Hammer the case studies and you'll get an A but it's an awful lot to remember, and find out which topics your college is doing because the energy section of AQA is the worst thing ever imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
mjrd
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have just done wjec geog AS and the work is not too bad and very interesting. Geog is a facillatating subject so more highly regarded for uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (65)
12.15%
Virtual campus tours/open days (130)
24.3%
Live streaming events (46)
8.6%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.72%
A uni comparison tool (124)
23.18%
An in-person event when available (118)
22.06%