Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So my predicted AS grades (after these exams which went horribly) was

Maths : E
Psychology : B
Law : D

I also got a D* In Btec Business. I want to apply to economics but do you think i should with these results, will i get in anywhere decent? I do plan on resitting my AS math modules in year 13. I simply haven't worked hard enough. Do i have a chance of getting into a middle-class univeristy. I am not talking about complete bottom universitys like london met etc.
Man.bear.pig
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely resit that maths.

Are you trying to do Law at Uni?

Someone's going to take you but I don't know about how prestigious a Uni will take you...shoot for the stars and hang on the moon, I suppose.

Like I know Leeds Metropolitan Uni has let people in with two E grades..
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SunDun111)
So my predicted AS grades (after these exams which went horribly) was

Maths : E
Psychology : B
Law : D

I also got a D* In Btec Business. I want to apply to economics but do you think i should with these results, will i get in anywhere decent? I do plan on resitting my AS math modules in year 13. I simply haven't worked hard enough. Do i have a chance of getting into a middle-class univeristy. I am not talking about complete bottom universitys like london met etc.
so assuming you drop maths and so get D*BD as your a2 grades then that gives you 230 (or 250 if they count as grades) ucas points i think. Why exactly do you define middle class to be though?
SunDun111
Rep:
?
(Original post by claireestelle)
so assuming you drop maths and so get D*BD as your a2 grades then that gives you 230 (or 250 if they count as grades) ucas points i think. Why exactly do you define middle class to be though?
Eh I thought D* is 140? And B is 100? And somewhere like de montford etc
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Eh I thought D* is 140? And B is 100? And somewhere like de montford etc
i got confused with the btec part sorry, more like 280 to 300 points then:P i wasnt expecting you to say de monford (thought you were going to say an rg or something:P).
Anyways de montford takes 280 points so its a possibility but resisting wouldnt be a bad idea as sometimes people can drop a grade from as to a2 so if you can up some as ums that could help.
SunDun111
Rep:
?
i got confused with the btec part sorry, more like 280 to 300 points then:P i wasnt expecting you to say de monford (thought you were going to say an rg or something:P).
Anyways de montford takes 280 points so its a possibility but resisting wouldnt be a bad idea as sometimes people can drop a grade from as to a2 so if you can up some as ums that could help.
I plan to work expetionally hard and resit along with a2, but I'm worried I'll get no offers
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I plan to work expetionally hard and resit along with a2, but I'm worried I'll get no offers
my advice would be to pick 2/3 realistic ones/ones for the points you expect i.e 3 choices that want 280 /300 points.
then pick one that accepts around 240-260 points as a back up.
then you could pick one that asks for 300 points plus .
SunDun111
Rep:
?
my advice would be to pick 2/3 realistic ones/ones for the points you accept i.e 3 choices that want 280 /300 points.
then pick one that accepts around 240-260 points as a back up.
then you could pick one that asks for 300 points plus .
Do you think de montford would accept me then?
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you think de montford would accept me then?
couldnt say for sure but it would definitely be worth a try
SunDun111
Rep:
?
couldnt say for sure but it would definitely be worth a try
Well i should get over 300 ucas points.. and i am taking maths to A2 for sure. I want to resit and work super super hard. No offers would kill me though cheers for help
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well i should get over 300 ucas points.. and i am taking maths to A2 for sure. I want to resit and work super super hard. No offers would kill me though cheers for help
as long as your sensible with your ucas choices you should be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Brighton
    Photography MA open afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
  • University of Plymouth
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Jun '19

Who do you think will be the next PM?