The Student Room Group
University of York
York

MSc Economics

Hey guys I got the offer from MSc Economics lol. Currently I'm in Bradford and will move to York in August. Will be so happy to know some of you who are in same course:smile:. Pleeeeeaaaaase let me know if your doing Economics for master ! Cheers xx

Stephanie
I did a BSc at York (just finished) and it was okay till third year, when it became SUPER INTENSE (namely micro and macro). I've noticed that the Masters micro and macro are taught by all the same people so I'm sure it'll remain really technical and tough, but it's taught reasonably well and I'm sure you'll be fine. Also, there's HUGE choice in modules which is great (recommend Health Econ).

Congrats and good luck!! :biggrin:
University of York
York
Original post by Neon Night
I did a BSc at York (just finished) and it was okay till third year, when it became SUPER INTENSE (namely micro and macro). I've noticed that the Masters micro and macro are taught by all the same people so I'm sure it'll remain really technical and tough, but it's taught reasonably well and I'm sure you'll be fine. Also, there's HUGE choice in modules which is great (recommend Health Econ).

Congrats and good luck!! :biggrin:

hey thank you so much :smile: hopefully it's not too difficult to get a merit lol . bte where did you live when you were doing your undergraduate? Could you pls kindly recommend me some accommodation? Currently I'm looking at Alcuin as it's near to library , what do you think of it? cheers xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Stephanie-Jing
hey thank you so much :smile: hopefully it's not too difficult to get a merit lol . bte where did you live when you were doing your undergraduate? Could you pls kindly recommend me some accommodation? Currently I'm looking at Alcuin as it's near to library , what do you think of it? cheers xx

No problem!

I lived in Alcuin in first year and it was geographically great. The college itself has an excellent atmosphere, so definitely recommended. Most lectures actually take place in Derwent, but that's a 5-minute walk at most. The library is close to all the colleges (although Alcuin is literally right next to it), so I wouldn't worry about that. There's no right or wrong as far as colleges go, but I definitely recommend Alcuin (from experience!)
Original post by Neon Night
No problem!

I lived in Alcuin in first year and it was geographically great. The college itself has an excellent atmosphere, so definitely recommended. Most lectures actually take place in Derwent, but that's a 5-minute walk at most. The library is close to all the colleges (although Alcuin is literally right next to it), so I wouldn't worry about that. There's no right or wrong as far as colleges go, but I definitely recommend Alcuin (from experience!)

aww thank you so much , it was literally helpful! cheers pal !xx
No worries. Good luck with the masters! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending