username1874033
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm doing history for A level with edexcel, just wanted to know about bit about it really? Also what is geography A level with AQA like?
Velbi4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did history as level this year but it was in edexcel, history at a level, from my point of view, is harder but it depends on the topics. I did French Revolution and the African American civil rights. French Rev was a very heavy topic because of the amount of times that government was changed but I found civil right similar to gcse as the exam had sources etc. if you have any specific questions, feel free to message me
Hattie_Hats
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I did history at as level with OCR but it's pretty similar, I really liked it! Not going to lie, it was hard to get the hang of, my essays were more mark worthy than edexcel I think (30 & 70 marks/ 50 & 50 marks) but the essay writing is different to GCSE. I really liked history though and as long as you like it, it should be fine
I also did AQA geography and I absolutely loved it!! It's really interesting and it's not too hard. I enjoyed it but I may be biased as I want to do it at uni although a few people found it boring :| Geography is 120 mark exam made up of human and physical (4 topics - 30 marks each with one 15 mark question per topic) and a 50 mark geographical skills paper
Both subjects are really good and I hope you enjoy them!! Feel free to ask any more questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads