The Student Room Group

GCSE coursework is this cheating?

I have GCSE coursework tomorrow and I can't memorise my essay.
Should I bring in the draft and copy from it in the write up? Basically I've written the whole thing myself /and the teacher won't know.
What do you think? Is this bad? or cheating?
Sure it's cheating but I think it's fine. Most schools I heard have turned a "blind" eye for this.

Atleast for my school, our teacher was nice about the coursework let us listen to music with our phones and obviously people took photos of their premarked draft that our teacher marked and copied it out.

I'm sure at the end of the day the school and you want the best result so do it.

I did it for all my english CA's and took my Geography CA home to finish and also my History essay's we typed on the computer to which I copied from a draft.

Expecting all A/a*s I heard
Reply 2
Yes. Its cheating.
Original post by Ella_08
Should I bring in the draft and copy from it in the write up? Basically I've written the whole thing myself /and the teacher won't know.

Yes this is cheating. It would disqualify you if it was an exam and would certainly be unacceptable practice at A level.
Reply 4
Original post by KerenskyRevolt
Sure it's cheating but I think it's fine. Most schools I heard have turned a "blind" eye for this.

Atleast for my school, our teacher was nice about the coursework let us listen to music with our phones and obviously people took photos of their premarked draft that our teacher marked and copied it out.

I'm sure at the end of the day the school and you want the best result so do it.

I did it for all my english CA's and took my Geography CA home to finish and also my History essay's we typed on the computer to which I copied from a draft.

Expecting all A/a*s I heard

How TF did you get to do both History and Geography?
Original post by iBro99
How TF did you get to do both History and Geography?

I did History and Geography for GCSE....where's the issue?
Reply 6
Original post by Clytaemnestra
I did History and Geography for GCSE....where's the issue?

My school give the option of choosing EITHER History or Geography - my school sucks
Original post by iBro99
My school give the option of choosing EITHER History or Geography - my school sucks

Oh right, that's strange
Original post by Clytaemnestra
Oh right, that's strange

My school sort of did the same. Everyone had to do either geography or history. Then we had a choice out of other options which also had history i think. So we could do both. But loads of school do it so you can only do one.
yh its cheating but tbh no ones cares at all
Exactly, as everyone else said yes, it's cheating but.. you know... it's not a massive issue because your teacher won't probably say anything. At the end of the day, they just want you to achieve the highest grade possible...
everybody cheats in coursework so it doesnt really matter
Original post by Ella_08

Well technically.. The regulations say you should not and its bad and blah blah blah...
Practically if you've done the whole work yourself I don't see why you shouldn't. After all it is your own work. It's not like you got someone else to do it. If you're going to go through with it dont make it too obvious or tell everyone. Most people 'cheated' in our French coursework they printed their writing in really small font and copied it out. The teacher was either oblivious to all of this or didn't care. It was only me and a couple of my friends who didn't xD.

I'd try to learn it but print it off if all else fails and bring it with you.

Quick Reply

Latest