The Student Room Group

I'm failing my first year university exams because of anxiety?

My exams are tomorrow.
I've done well all year round.

About a month ago I got ill and was on bed rest for around three weeks, and got a pretty low grade in the exam right after that. Since then I've been more and more anxious about exams and now I literally can't do anything besides panic.

I haven't slept well in around five days now, haven't eaten either, I threw up a couple of times. I cannot for the life of me bring myself to focus on studying. I spent all day yesterday crying out of the fear of failure, which I know will be happening now.

I just feel like absolute crap, have never been so stressed before. I don't know why it's gotten so out of my hands. I feel extremely disappointed in myself. I'm cramming till the last minute but considering the fact that I'm unable to sleep I know I will neither be able to retain nor recall any information during the exam.

Anyone here has been in a similar position? I need some advice please:frown: Thanks x
You should email your course tutor and visit the welfare centre for counselling.
Since you aren't prepared and in a good state for exams maybe you should fill out an ECF form to do your exams in the retake period.

Goodluck, don't panice
And I hope you get the help you need!

Quick Reply

Latest