Edexcel History A: Germany 1918-1939 - 10 June

Watch
aaron__
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How did we find it? Personaly I think it's the best GCSE paper I've ever done, they were kinder to us than they were with the Cold War paper don't you think?
Morgan_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did Edexcel but Germany 1918-1945, and if your exam was anything like ours it was really good 😊 Both of them so far for us have been good
Lewismioc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It wasnt that bad, allthough I thought the 8mark question about the youth, and the one about the arts and culture was quite difficult. What did everyone put for it?
Exoroom1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think the paper were easier then I thought however I couldn't think of enough things to write about stressessman foreign policy would Dawes plan be one because he got the french to leave the Ruhr and US loans because it also improved relations between usa and Germany?
aaron__
Rep:
?
I did youth but not culture. Talked about the Young Folk and Hitler Youth training boys to become soldiers, Young Girls League and Band of German Maidens taught girls to become good mothers and wives for the soldiers to come home to, and education indoctrinated Nazi beliefs though subjects (such as Maths and Biology)
aaron__
Rep:
?
(Original post by Exoroom1)
I think the paper were easier then I thought however I couldn't think of enough things to write about stressessman foreign policy would Dawes plan be one because he got the french to leave the Ruhr and US loans because it also improved relations between usa and Germany?
I'd imagine that could be okay as long as you made it obvious that it improved relations between other countries - eg showed that Ameigan could trust Germany with finances
n__
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Exoroom1)
Yesss - you'd talk about the Dawes Plan, the League of Nations, the Locarno Treaties and the Kellog-Briand Treaty for that question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lewismioc
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aaron__)
I did youth but not culture. Talked about the Young Folk and Hitler Youth training boys to become soldiers, Young Girls League and Band of German Maidens taught girls to become good mothers and wives for the soldiers to come home to, and education indoctrinated Nazi beliefs though subjects (such as Maths and Biology)
I talked abiut the same as you, except the biology and maths. I did talk about the fact that hitler believed the youth were responsible for the future of the Reich though... How did you link the paragraphs on this one?
aaron__
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lewismioc)
I talked abiut the same as you, except the biology and maths. I did talk about the fact that hitler believed the youth were responsible for the future of the Reich though... How did you link the paragraphs on this one?
I mentioned first that he wanted to build a strong army of soldiers (I should've added that this was for for the "1000 year reich" he had planned, but forgot to). Then I said in my next paragraph that the soldiers had to have a strong family structure to come home to after training and in a war, so explained about women's youth movements. After I just added that indoctrination was prevalent between both sexes through education which binded the nazi-youth movements together or something.
Lewismioc
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by aaron__)
I mentioned first that he wanted to build a strong army of soldiers (I should've added that this was for for the "1000 year reich" he had planned, but forgot to). Then I said in my next paragraph that the soldiers had to have a strong family structure to come home to after training and in a war, so explained about women's youth movements. After I just added that indoctrination was prevalent between both sexes through education which binded the nazi-youth movements together or something.
I didn't link them as nicely as you did. I kind of just said "in addition to training the boys for the army, Hitler trained girls for domestic chores".
ChicharitoMUFC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
On the question about the Hitler youth were you also supposed to write about why he wanted to stop the edelweiss pirates etc cuz it said what did he do to stop the youth movements?
sandvika
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think I did OK on this one but my cold war one went better
RachJess4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think my Cold War went a LOT better than my Nazi Germany! Maybe it's because I find Cold War easier to revise in general though... either way I'm hoping for an A* in Cold War but I feel like Nazi Germany was a B based on the exam today :/
Rigby16
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did Race Relations, Hitler's Germany and Roaring 20s.
Thought the first paper last week went 100% better than this one Roaring 20s was fine but spent too long on it and after that just went down hill :/.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads