Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKL Art II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Lol!
    Think I can make it into the Big Brother house yet? Or should I practise limping my wrist a bit more?

(Original post by piginapoke)
    Not mine but I pressed a button to render it!
    Was that orginally a photograph that you've digitally rendered? - What did you use Photoshop or what?

ReputationRep:
    here is my humble peice for all of you to laugh at, entitled blobs on the beach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    Think I can make it into the Big Brother house yet? Or should I practise limping my wrist a bit more?
    I dunno, I don't watch Big Brother :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    here is my humble peice for all of you to laugh at, entitled blobs on the beach.
    Nice picture of Florida there

And before you say anything that is no reflection on you, just a joke about the blobs in Florida.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    Nice picture of Florida there

And before you say anything that is no reflection on you, just a joke about the blobs in Florida.
    thank you, I was not taking it as a reflection about me, I just came here for art.

ReputationRep:
    Vincent van Huntroyde is my favourite artist.

ReputationRep:
    thank you, I was not taking it as a reflection about me, I just came here for art.
    C'mon. You need to stand up for yourself more, mate.

Its a ray trace, it all comes from 3D object definitions, light sources and textures. The software renders it (it took 20 mins to render that pic). The source code isn't as much as you'd think for something so complicated.
    Yeah I understand what you mean it's looped basically, but vast amount of analysis of the data. I had a C++/VB (fail to remember) program that could convert whole images into HTML text by analysis the program was only around 100k compiled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    C'mon. You need to stand up for yourself more, mate.
    hey, this thread is about art, not any problems I might have.

ReputationRep:
    hey, this thread is about art, not any problems I might have.
    I was going to mention it in the other thread, but it got closed.

Each pixel is calculated by determining each path of light. That image uses a technique called radiosity which is supposed to give a more life-like image by calculating light diffusion and interreflection. The software is called POV-Ray (http://www.povray.org/ ).
    Sounds quite advanced, is that calculated by contrasting pixels (.. and RGB in terms of brightness) as the image is scanned, because It certainly sounds like that to me? Ignore me if you don't know I just always like to know how things operate. My spelling, grammar and choice of words are terrible tonight.

Each pixel is calculated by determining each path of light. That image uses a technique called radiosity which is supposed to give a more life-like image by calculating light diffusion and interreflection. The software is called POV-Ray (http://www.povray.org/ ).
    I'm downloading right now, I'll give it a try.

Here's an explanation: http://www.siggraph.org/education/ma...ce/rtrace1.htm
    Very interesting stuff, thanks for your reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Vincent van Huntroyde is my favourite artist.
    Thank you, just to reiterate, anyone who votes for me will be added to my rep list (now worth 50 points!)

ReputationRep:
    Here's a painting of me pouring out some liqour for my fallen hommy.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    This is called 'red'.
    what program are you doin all these in? do you have to buy it?

ReputationRep:
    POV-Ray. Its free, but quite complicated at first, its not like a paint program.
    so it's downloadable? do you have a link?
    p.s. the proposal has been accepted

ReputationRep:
    http://www.povray.org/
    mercy buckets

ReputationRep:
    http://www.povray.org/
    Wow, can you do one like the xmas decorations one in the hall of fame?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.