OCR Additional Science gateway B - 12th June 2015 Watch

EmileeR
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Predictions for the 4s?
Struggling to find what to prioritise because barely even studied the standard demand since we only had around a week to squeeze in biology physics and chemistry :/
Revision tips for science? xoxo
ouatislifex
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Spending Wednesday afternoon revising biology, whole of Thursday revising chemistry and physics and Friday morning going over everything again. Hope it works out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
EmileeR
Rep:
?
(Original post by ouatislifex)
Spending Wednesday afternoon revising biology, whole of Thursday revising chemistry and physics and Friday morning going over everything again. Hope it works out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you find the first paper?
Good luck! x
ouatislifex
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I found it alright although I make some silly mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile
bigdanny212
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought the paper was pretty decent for us, like easier than 2014 paper. it asked about concentration in particle model, atom economy. respiratory quotient, % yield, b3 asked symbol equation for aerobic respiration, dna replication on 3 mks. Nothing on cloning which was good and most ppl find hardest. P3 was easiest, car safety features, GPE q, Power (work done) formula used in question. Atom economies for one was 69%. and 75% for 6mark c3 q - you had to use Energy transferred equation and rearrange it to get temp of water. I know its right cuz it has to multiply in to get u SHC. Q on why grapheme conducts elec. was easy - layered structure of carbon atoms doesn't contain delocalised electrons/ions so they cant carry current. p3 6 mark comparison was easy. Overall I think the paper was great for me, hoping for an A* realistically. Hope the Unit 4 paper will be easy, but I know they'll make it hard hence its longer time. What other q's was there? I lost 2 marks on balance the chem.reaction. only silly marks I made.
EmileeR
Rep:
?
(Original post by danyal_rana)
I thought the paper was pretty decent for us, like easier than 2014 paper. it asked about concentration in particle model, atom economy. respiratory quotient, % yield, b3 asked symbol equation for aerobic respiration, dna replication on 3 mks. Nothing on cloning which was good and most ppl find hardest. P3 was easiest, car safety features, GPE q, Power (work done) formula used in question. Atom economies for one was 69%. and 75% for 6mark c3 q - you had to use Energy transferred equation and rearrange it to get temp of water. I know its right cuz it has to multiply in to get u SHC. Q on why grapheme conducts elec. was easy - layered structure of carbon atoms doesn't contain delocalised electrons/ions so they cant carry current. p3 6 mark comparison was easy. Overall I think the paper was great for me, hoping for an A* realistically. Hope the Unit 4 paper will be easy, but I know they'll make it hard hence its longer time. What other q's was there? I lost 2 marks on balance the chem.reaction. only silly marks I made.
Woaaaah maaannn, love the confidence;
There's also gonna be a section D, so good luck with that xo
Found it quite annoying how there wasn't anything about plants because was rather looking forward to it
Made a few silly mistakes regarding the equations uuughhhhh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
13.03%
1 (89)
13.03%
2 (88)
12.88%
18.89%
22.25%
19.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise