Media Studies - A level

Watch
LiteratureAnnie
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey! So hopefully I get into six form next year and I will be studying Media as one of my A levels. I already do it at GCSE and enjoy it very much .
I know that at my school you create your own music video. Has anyone done this before? What is it like? Are you allowed to be in the video yourself as I was thinking of doing something with my Dance studio or something? Or am I only allowed to film and edit?
I was thinking of holding the camera for some parts of the video like a selfie video like in Justin Biebers "Beauty and the beat" as it is more like direct address and personal? And then being filmed myself and stuff and then also filming others?
Can you just let me know how it works and what you have done so far?
Thank you so much!
Annie xxx
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
x
RadioBlaBla
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Depends which board your doing: I'm doing OCR and we are making music videos at A2 (second year). It is really enjoyable! You have to do a lot of research into music videos and present it in a blog (some schools do it differently but most are using blogs now). Have a look at mine if you fancy some inspiration! http://izzywatkinsmediaa2.blogspot.co.uk

For AS we made music magazines which was a lot of fun too. You have 3 units in media: a practical one, and two theory based ones. For AS out coursework/ practical unit was creating magazines and our two other units were on the film industry and TV dramas. There are many options when it comes to all the units: you could be doing the music industry, newspaper industry, you could be making a thriller trailer instead of a magazine: it depends on the school tbh.

Hope you enjoy the course as much as I did! xD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (77)
21.04%
Note taking apps (6)
1.64%
Flashcards (84)
22.95%
Revision guides (19)
5.19%
Past papers (166)
45.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (14)
3.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed