The Student Room Group

Science exam boards!?

Now, I hate ranting because I never like the idea of just bitching about stuff that's out of my control - But OCR has to be by far the most moronic exam board out there. I've checked AQA's papers - They test your knowledge more but the questions are clearer and you don't have to answer them with some weird B.S that OCR expects from you. I've noticed OCR especially have been peppering their papers with stupid questions irrelevant to our knowledge constantly asking us to "suggest" ****.

:/ I tried an AQA paper and it was so much easier.

I know OCR is about exam technique though, and I'm sure I'll get a good grade in my sciences. It's just that I'd rather get tested in my knowledge vs my ability to do past papers. Plus in some cases you can't prepare for ****ty questions by OCR.
Original post by High Stakes
Now, I hate ranting because I never like the idea of just bitching about stuff that's out of my control - But OCR has to be by far the most moronic exam board out there. I've checked AQA's papers - They test your knowledge more but the questions are clearer and you don't have to answer them with some weird B.S that OCR expects from you. I've noticed OCR especially have been peppering their papers with stupid questions irrelevant to our knowledge constantly asking us to "suggest" ****.

:/ I tried an AQA paper and it was so much easier.

I know OCR is about exam technique though, and I'm sure I'll get a good grade in my sciences. It's just that I'd rather get tested in my knowledge vs my ability to do past papers. Plus in some cases you can't prepare for ****ty questions by OCR.

If you think OCR's bad try Edexcel for Chemistry, the papers uglyyyy and the multiple choice questions try and trick you but once you get the hang of it its okay, my exams were alright though (alhamdulilah) , at the start of the year i thought evengetting a C would be a miracle :L
i love edexcel for bio though ngl <3
I do OCR A physics and it's fine, lol.
Original post by yasmin#2
my exams were alright though (alhamdulilah)

That's good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest