why would anyone vote tory? Watch

intelligent con
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The bullingdon club otherwise known as the conservative party are one of privelege and only for toffs. Although a better alternative to UKIP I still dislike them immensly because of there hatred of the poor and how they make the poor suffer. Labour should have won in 2015 I know it mr cameron knows it the whole country knows it. Why do people vote for the torys I don't understand. I will ALWAYS vote labour no matter what as they're what is best for everyone in the country and are a party of the people
789tom789
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by intelligent con)
The bullingdon club otherwise known as the conservative party are one of privelege and only for toffs. Although a better alternative to UKIP I still dislike them immensly because of there hatred of the poor and how they make the poor suffer. Labour should have won in 2015 I know it mr cameron knows it the whole country knows it. Why do people vote for the torys I don't understand. I will ALWAYS vote labour no matter what as they're what is best for everyone in the country and are a party of the people
You can't complain, there was a democratic vote and the people have spoken.
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because people have different political views? Because people believe that the size and reach of the state should be reduced, with less regulation?
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If they only represent privilege then there's an awful lot of privileged people in the uk. Enough to vote in a majority government.
Joshb873
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Tory Work Programme has delivered just a 2% success rate andwasted millions - https://www.gov.uk/.../colle.../work-programme-statistics--2

Corporate tax has gone from 28% to 20%,disability benefits cut to make up the money etc. https://www.gov.uk/corporation-tax-rates/rates

The Tories have axed 5,000 Firemen &Firewomen
The Tories have axed 28,000 staff in PoliceForces throughout the country)

The number of working households now relyingon Housing Benefit to make their rent payments has doubled -http://www.greenbenchesuk.com/.../number-of-working-poor...

The NHS is wasting more money than everbefore. Agency Spend among Foundation Trusts has climbed 50%. We are now payingprivate consultancies hundreds of millions to assist the new CCGs, to auditaccounts, and to report on the future viability of NHS Trusts http://www.telegraph.co.uk/.../NHS-pays-1600-a-day-for...

The NHS is wasting more money than everbefore. Agency Spend among Foundation Trusts has climbed 50%. We are now payingprivate consultancies hundreds of millions to assist the new CCGs, to auditaccounts, and to report on the future viability of NHS Trusts -http://www.telegraph.co.uk/.../Roll-up-your-sleeves-and...

When Labour left office NHS PatientSatisfaction was the highest it had ever been (73%). It has since taken arecord slump to (58%). Just over half of people are now happy with what the NHShas to offer. - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Public-satisfaction-NHS...

£1.3 trillion of damage has been done toeconomy through lost growth & ballooning debt and misspent money.

George Osborne signed a record number of PFIdeals in his first year in power that will cost the Tax Payer £33bn.

Despite having the consultation periodrequired for redundancy notice halving from 90 to 45 days, the Tories persistedwith blaming workers for their declining rights. One Tory MP cruelly judgedthat British Workers were among the ‘Worst idlers’ in the World -http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-19300051

According to the National Audit Office, Gove hasoverspent by £1 billion on his Free School & mass academisation experiment.Gove is making up the shortfall by taking £1bn cash from state school children- http://www.nao.org.uk/.../managing-the-expansion-of-the.../g��y�
Joshb873
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So to answer your question, people who voted Tory were led into a trap of cheap rhetoric and sophistry and voted for persuasion, not adept politics.
789tom789
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Joshb873)
So to answer your question, people who voted Tory were led into a trap of cheap rhetoric and sophistry and voted for persuasion, not adept politics.
So you're suggesting we didn't need to cut back on spending and should have kept a £140 billion budget deficit? Fool.
russellsteapot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I voted Conservative as I trust them to run the economy better than the other parties, they want to take less of my money away than the other parties, and they provide more opportunities than the other parties. Although I can only speak for myself, there's one set of reasons why someone would vote Conservative.
tengentoppa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you a troll? Because you're coming across an idiot. Putting aside the fact that you can barely speak English, the idea that Tories only care about the rich is cliched and untrue. Increasing the tax-free personal allowance for example, primarily benefits low earners.

Always voting Labour regardless of their policies is stupid. Labour stopped being the party of the workers when Tony Blair became leader. Why did the Tory party win? Maybe because people preferred their policies and their local candidate rather than voting according to some antiquated cliche.
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by russellsteapot)
I voted Conservative as I trust them to run the economy better than the other parties, they want to take less of my money away than the other parties, and they provide more opportunities than the other parties. Although I can only speak for myself, there's one set of reasons why someone would vote Conservative.
Back in the day, yes Labour was a party of the working people, but now they are more interested in helping people who don't work and won't work, people claiming benefits. The Labour party is more interesting in taxing the hell out of the top 10% of earners and giving it to people on the dole, which means the state is paying for them to have children, 60 inch TVs etc...this is my view.
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll give you this - your trolling quite good.
Joshb873
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KimKallstrom)
I'll give you this - your trolling quite good.
I am the master.
russellsteapot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Clytaemnestra)
Back in the day, yes Labour was a party of the working people, but now they are more interested in helping people who don't work and won't work, people claiming benefits. The Labour party is more interesting in taxing the hell out of the top 10% of earners and giving it to people on the dole, which means the state is paying for them to have children, 60 inch TVs etc...this is my view.
Based on their previous stint in government and the recent election, they're mainly interested in creating welfare dependency (and thus manufacturing people who will always vote for the party which is promising the best deal for benefits claimants, which is typically not the Tories).

Makes political sense as every party's main goal is creating more voters for itself so it can be re-elected, but I can't help but feel that there are better ways to do it, and I'm surprised those being driven into benefit dependency are happy with it.
username878267
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I genuinely used to be a Tory , not even kidding. Then as I got older I realised that I had a social conscience.
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And the traitor Labour party are not toff's?!
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I consider myself left-wing, extremely so actually, but the self-importance of many Labour voters and their blinkered refusal to see that the majority of Britons view the Tories as a credible alternative is holding them back.
Clytaemnestra
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by russellsteapot)
Based on their previous stint in government and the recent election, they're mainly interested in creating welfare dependency (and thus manufacturing people who will always vote for the party which is promising the best deal for benefits claimants, which is typically not the Tories).

Makes political sense as every party's main goal is creating more voters for itself so it can be re-elected, but I can't help but feel that there are better ways to do it, and I'm surprised those being driven into benefit dependency are happy with it.
100% agree with you! I can't see how benefits dependency is sustainable
SotonianOne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bornblue)
I genuinely used to be a Tory , not even kidding. Then as I got older I realised that I had a social conscience.
Well, that's a huge surprise.

£1.3 trillion of damage has been done toeconomy through lost growth & ballooning debt and misspent money.
Are you trolling? I chuckled.

The bullingdon club otherwise known as the conservative party are one of privelege and only for toffs.
Wow! 11 million privileged people! It's almost like we're the most privileged society on this planet.

Labour should have won in 2015 I know it mr cameron knows it the whole country knows it.
No.

Why do people vote for the torys I don't understand.
Because they are more trustworthy on the economy, they want to cut taxes and return to sustainable spending.

I will ALWAYS vote labour no matter what
People like you should be banned from voting.

as they're what is best for everyone in the country
Except for everyone earning 25k and up, which is just over 30% of the UK.

and are a party of the people
Party of welfare claimants.
zippity.doodah
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
people vote tory because people simply hate labour and the liberal democrats that much more.
Klatie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sorry but people like this piss me off.

Just because you yourself don't like tory,doesn't mean others don't. Doesn't mean you should try to belittle people for what they believe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (17)
26.15%
1 (7)
10.77%
2 (10)
15.38%
3 (8)
12.31%
4 (7)
10.77%
5 (6)
9.23%