Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Brighton into Division 1! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wohooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Brighton into Division 1!
    The possibilities... Whats next? Winning the champions league?

ReputationRep:
    Why not, once we've got our stadium there's nothing stopping us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Why not, once we've got our stadium there's nothing stopping us!
    Yeah get out of the mighty (!) Withdean !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Yeah get out of the mighty (!) Withdean !!
    Hehe, it's terrible.

Imagine the intimidation when Leeds or West Ham come to our great 7000 seater temporary athletics track! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    oy, stop taking palace's limelight!!!!

ReputationRep:
    And they seem to have managed to bend the trophy :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Hehe, it's terrible.

Imagine the intimidation when Leeds or West Ham come to our great 7000 seater temporary athletics track! :eek:
    Exactly total transformation.

At least you don't have to visit the shed that is Saltergate (Chesterfield), and you'll get a chance to visit a new one in Milmoor (Rotherham Utd), but you'll also see some decent grounds in Pride Park (Derby Cty), Walkers Stadium (Leicester City) etc, you should have fun.

Worse ground I've ever been to though must be Cheltenham or Kidderminster, both awful.

Nicest ground in the lower divisions was Home Park (Plymouth) and they have done pretty well since their upgrade ! Also current lower division ground thats pretty nice is Nene Park (Rushden), still the only place I've been where theres carpets down in side the turnstyles !

ReputationRep:
    yeah i was gonna go but decided not to, what a great game, lets hope we get a new stadium next.

ReputationRep:
    y are palass and brighton arch rivals?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, you can get promotion, but you couldnt beat the weakest Stockport County side for many years on your home turf in October. Funny game, football.

Good luck in the First. Brightons a nice club - they deserve to be back up there with the best of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    y are palass and brighton arch rivals?
    Because they are the closest team to Brighton I think.
    The best thing was the Swindon manager. Apparently he claimed Swindon had loads more shots on target because he counts shots on target as hitting the crossbar as well... maybe he doesn't realise the target is the back of the net. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Hmm, you can get promotion, but you couldnt beat the weakest Stockport County side for many years on your home turf in October. Funny game, football.

Good luck in the First. Brightons a nice club - they deserve to be back up there with the best of them.
    I wanted Bristol City to go up.

After all, they'll always be a bigger club than champions Plymouth Argyle will ever be.

I'm sure BCFC will be champs next season, seeing as they have legends like CHRISTIAN ROBERTS (LE GOD) in their team!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumner7)
    I'm sure BCFC will be champs next season, seeing as they have legends like CHRISTIAN ROBERTS (LE GOD) in their team!!!
    And the rather useful LEE PEACOCK.

ReputationRep:
    A former Carlisle RESERVE striker too....

What I would Settle for Jansen & Dobie to be up front for us now :mad:

Still, happy days beckon - we shall destroy the conference

ReputationRep:
    Yes. He scored when I watched them play Sheffield Wednesday back in October. Good game it was too.

Christian Roberts did so much for ECFC. He deserves to be a first division player with BCFC. He is probably the best player I have ever seen play for ECFC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibbsy)
    A former STAGS star too, by gawd don't we miss him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibbsy)

What I would Settle for Jansen & Dobie to be up front for us now :mad:

Still, happy days beckon - we shall destroy the conference
    Well, we've got a good chance of the title because we're used to this league now.

You're in for a culture shock in the conference.

I think you'll be potential title challengers. But watch out for us, Hereford and Aldershot. Those 3 will be hard teams to beat for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    Because they are the closest team to Brighton I think.
    The best thing was the Swindon manager. Apparently he claimed Swindon had loads more shots on target because he counts shots on target as hitting the crossbar as well... maybe he doesn't realise the target is the back of the net. :confused:
    Do you live in Brighton? :eek:

And for some odd reason I always thought you were a girl.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.