The Student Room Group

The ideal woman: "sexually forward" and androgynous?

I'm not a prude chap but when you see all the girls who "offer it up" these days and see even really smart/supposedly "moral" guys going for them it seems like modern men prefer sexually forward women. Not only that but girls who are almost traditionally masculine.

The ideal/"sexiest" woman today, or at least what my mates go for and the media like to push, seems to be one who:

-dresses very revealingly (see through tops, hotpants, leather skirts, no underwear etc.) and in a modern attention grabbing style (bright patterns etc.)
-wears a ton of makeup/false lashes to highlight her "availability"
-has short hair like a bob or pixie cut (Jennifer Lawrence), or else something like a very shaggy layered messy hair style (Cara Delavigne with her undercut)
-is an Instagram queen with a lot of "selfies"
-a lot of male friends she seems almost too close to
-is rude, "ironic," sarcastic and says that she just has a strong personality
-talks a lot about sex, swears, is explicit generally
-is a "wild child," not grown up but who has not many ambitions yet is willing to experiment like doing drugs at raves, partying hard etc.

Is this the ideal woman of today? I don't necessarily prefer 50s women but wow.. times have changed.
I'm an androgynous male, come at me.
Reply 2
Original post by Black Cat
I'm an androgynous male, come at me.

Nothing wrong with "androgyny," but women are often made fun of for stuff like being housewives/not being sexually experienced
Reply 3
No responses perhaps from ashamed fellow chaps
Reply 4
I dunno, I always thought guys went for big boobs which doesn't really go well together with "androgynous" - but I'm sure you know more about this than I do.
I'd say the ideal woman depends on who the man/lesbian is.
This is androgynous:

while it can be...pretty or...cool (to erm some)

it's just

not sexy.

And it's weird to date that.

Like this is an androgynous male:

what woman would want this?

who wants someone to flow between both sexes?

this isn't sexy.

If you're in fashion (not inTO fashion, but literally professionally, actively employed in it)

or a hipster in a band

then ok, this is acceptable.

I want THIS:

Aaaaall woman, yes bring it on baby. Men need to know how to please this. This is what's right.
Reply 7
Original post by Man.bear.pig
This is androgynous:

while it can be...pretty or...cool (to erm some)

it's just

not sexy.

And it's weird to date that.

Like this is an androgynous male:

what woman would want this?

who wants someone to flow between both sexes?

this isn't sexy.

If you're in fashion (not inTO fashion, but literally professionally, actively employed in it)

or a hipster in a band

then ok, this is acceptable.

I want THIS:

Aaaaall woman, yes bring it on baby. Men need to know how to please this. This is what's right.

Maybe not androgynous entirely but tomboys
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe not androgynous entirely but tomboys

lol yea let's back up away from androgynous because that's not fit at all right? lol exactly.

Tomboys, ok?

You can be a tomboy by day and still put on a dress and makeup and look proper.

If you mean a tomboy who herself is feminine (long hair, pretty face, nice body, good enough ass...ets) but wears baggy stuff

like Aaliyah

and the people who copy lmao:

Avril Lavigne

that is ****ing beautiful and stylish.

But tat is no androgynous. Their CLOTHES are Andro.

NOT their bodies and faces like ****ing Pink and Tilda Swinton and Jamie Lee Curtis ugh! Who even if Pink and Tilda dress up in dresses and makeup and heels still look blegh.
Like I think you mean women who just don't show off their figures, whatever the figure means. I think you improperly used androgynous. You want someone prudent in your OP but prudent does not mean androgynous. You can be androgynous and be just as indecently attired.

And yes, I don't particularly want someone who feels the need to be indecently attired but someone can wear full clothing and still look fit. That's my kind of woman.

Plus everyone's ideal woman is different.

Original post by Anonymous
I'm not a prude chap but when you see all the girls who "offer it up" these days and see even really smart/supposedly "moral" guys going for them it seems like modern men prefer sexually forward women. Not only that but girls who are almost traditionally masculine.The ideal/"sexiest" woman today, or at least what my mates go for and the media like to push, seems to be one who:-dresses very revealingly (see through tops, hotpants, leather skirts, no underwear etc.) and in a modern attention grabbing style (bright patterns etc.)-wears a ton of makeup/false lashes to highlight her "availability"-has short hair like a bob or pixie cut (Jennifer Lawrence), or else something like a very shaggy layered messy hair style (Cara Delavigne with her undercut)-is an Instagram queen with a lot of "selfies"-a lot of male friends she seems almost too close to-is rude, "ironic," sarcastic and says that she just has a strong personality-talks a lot about sex, swears, is explicit generally-is a "wild child," not grown up but who has not many ambitions yet is willing to experiment like doing drugs at raves, partying hard etc.Is this the ideal woman of today? I don't necessarily prefer 50s women but wow.. times have changed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending