HarryGaga
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Loaaaaads of my friends who lived there this year have told me that it's being closed (I can see why looool) but it's quite a big site to just close? I'm sure most CCCU students who live in University accommodation live there... They've apparently had to empty the whole place and if they as much as leave a bit of rubbish in the bin, they get fined?

I can see why it's closing because it's quite a tough area to control, but the way I see it the University are ditching affordable accommodation for more expensive accommodation (be it St George's and Pretoria Court behind Augustine House)...
UniversalStudentLiving
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi
We manage the Parham Student Village site, and we took over last year We directly let Albert Mews and all the other buildings are let and managed by local universities.

As from September CCCU will no longer be managing or renting out some of the buildings they have over the last few years, as they now have their own accommodation. This means we are now letting them directly to students under our own rules, pricing and contracts, we are committed to providing realistic and professional student accommodation and a reasonable price in Canterbury.

Some of the buildings are still managed and let by CCCU but we now offer accommodation for the following places: Albert Mews, Hamill Terrace 14-21 & 22-24 and Parham Close.

Hope this clears things up a bit

Rachel
Universal Student Living Team
HarryGaga
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by UniversalStudentLiving)
Hi
We manage the Parham Student Village site, and we took over last year We directly let Albert Mews and all the other buildings are let and managed by local universities.

As from September CCCU will no longer be managing or renting out some of the buildings they have over the last few years, as they now have their own accommodation. This means we are now letting them directly to students under our own rules, pricing and contracts, we are committed to providing realistic and professional student accommodation and a reasonable price in Canterbury.

Some of the buildings are still managed and let by CCCU but we now offer accommodation for the following places: Albert Mews, Hamill Terrace 14-21 & 22-24 and Parham Close.

Hope this clears things up a bit

Rachel
Universal Student Living Team
Oh ok! Was just wondering because some of my friends who lived there this year had much harsher inspections than people such as myself who lived on the CCCU campus at the end of their tenancy because Christ Church were no longer using the site, but initially it was just a rumour. Thanks for clearing this up!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads