OCR G581 Philosophy of Revision - Aftermath

Watch this thread
Gos123
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
How did it go guys?

1) Religious Experience
2) Revelation through scripture
3) Life after death
4) Qualities of God

I did 1/2, it went all right for me. I didn't quite finish, I think another paragraph (2-3 minutes) and I would have completely done it. Managed to fit in a cheeky conclusion though.
jamesAyuan467
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Religious experience was good!!!! talked about James and Otto and Swinburne. concluded that religious experience is an illusion but it doesn't logically follow that it is meaningless.

Qualities of God was difficult to structure and ran out of time but got Boethius and Vardy and Descartes in. Spoke about the distinction between timeless and everlasting regarding God's eternity which I hope is valid.

Overall thought it was a fair paper
Jade2296
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Did 3/4

The questions were so broad, I honestly couldn't believe it!!
Included Aristotle, Dawkins, Geach, Plato, Price, St.Paul and Hick for 3, using Epicurus as a conclusion.
Boethius, Tracy, Aquinas, Augustine; also spoke about the distinctions in eternity, problems of free will, how god 'know' things and the stone paradox - but definitely in agreement about the structure!

I feel it went quite well in the end; guess we'll see what August holds; best of luck guys, and well done!
c222
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jade2296)
Did 3/4

The questions were so broad, I honestly couldn't believe it!!
Included Aristotle, Dawkins, Geach, Plato, Price, St.Paul and Hick for 3, using Epicurus as a conclusion.
Boethius, Tracy, Aquinas, Augustine; also spoke about the distinctions in eternity, problems of free will, how god 'know' things and the stone paradox - but definitely in agreement about the structure!

I feel it went quite well in the end; guess we'll see what August holds; best of luck guys, and well done!
Haha I thought exactly the same! I saw those two questions and couldn't stop smiling! I was worried a question regarding Gods nature would be something specific like challenges to his omnipotence but no they just chucked the whole lot in!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (39)
70.91%
No (12)
21.82%
I didn't use it to prepare (4)
7.27%

Watched Threads