AQA General Studies A2 Units 3 & 4 June 2015

Watch
Tinkerbell1997
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi!

I know the unit 3 exam is this friday, however I haven't seen a thread/post for these exams. Just wondering how everyone is preparing for it?

Obviously you can't really revise for general studies but are there any predictions as to what may appear?

Let us know!

and say whether you're GENA or GENB
emu_neutrino
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
For unit 3 I'm just probably going to make a mind map of useful things to know like own knowledge and have a look through old past papers. Its helpful to read the examiners reports as well because they generally give you a better idea of how you are supposed to answer the questions as they point out things candidates were bad at doing. Also wouldn't be a bad idea to read the news and note down some interesting stories and if you don't take any essay subjects, brush up on your essay technique and critical thinking. (Ii'm definitely doing this as I haven't written anything since I did my EPQ last year!).

For unit 4 I've already studied the pre released content a bit so i'll probably set aside an hour or two at the weekend or next week to condense it into notes and analyse them a bit. Tbh I'm more concerned with spending time on my other exams next week but I don't want to get a bad grade like D/E/U. I Got an A last year without any prep at all but it's not hard to do well if you just answer the question from both sides and rant a bit which is what I did. We have to take GS at my school if we drop our fourth subject after year 12 and have to take the exam in year 12, we have one lesson every two weeks and i have learnt nothing this year, oh well!

As for predictions I imagine there might be something on the election/EU referendum or scottish independance. Also theres been a lot on the news about food banks and house inequaity in london recently so that might come up?
Saarahaq
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by emu_neutrino)
For unit 3 I'm just probably going to make a mind map of useful things to know like own knowledge and have a look through old past papers. Its helpful to read the examiners reports as well because they generally give you a better idea of how you are supposed to answer the questions as they point out things candidates were bad at doing. Also wouldn't be a bad idea to read the news and note down some interesting stories and if you don't take any essay subjects, brush up on your essay technique and critical thinking. (Ii'm definitely doing this as I haven't written anything since I did my EPQ last year!).

For unit 4 I've already studied the pre released content a bit so i'll probably set aside an hour or two at the weekend or next week to condense it into notes and analyse them a bit. Tbh I'm more concerned with spending time on my other exams next week but I don't want to get a bad grade like D/E/U. I Got an A last year without any prep at all but it's not hard to do well if you just answer the question from both sides and rant a bit which is what I did. We have to take GS at my school if we drop our fourth subject after year 12 and have to take the exam in year 12, we have one lesson every two weeks and i have learnt nothing this year, oh well!

As for predictions I imagine there might be something on the election/EU referendum or scottish independance. Also theres been a lot on the news about food banks and house inequaity in london recently so that might come up?
Would you mind sendin me the pre released content for unit 4? Or let me know if there's an online link for it

My college hasn't given it me and I didn't even know there was any pre release content! 😣😣
MontellBerkeley
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago

I've got this exam this afternoon and I hope to god your prediction is wrong because that would be a very boring two hours of my life which would be a shame because the unit 1 and 2 exams have been really interesting.
emu_neutrino
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Saarahaq)
Would you mind sendin me the pre released content for unit 4? Or let me know if there's an online link for it

My college hasn't given it me and I didn't even know there was any pre release content! 😣😣
I only have a paper copy sorry you could ask your college?
Arsenal1471
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Looks like I'm going to fail then lol
Tinkerbell1997
Rep:
how did you guys find paper3?

i was smiling at the end and the invigilator was looking at me proper strangely, comes up to collect my paper and was like "so was that a good exam then?" haha awkward!
Tinkerbell1997
Rep:
I only have a paper copy sorry you could ask your college?
its on the AQA website, you can print it yourself

you'll be given a clean copy in the exam too
Tinkerbell1997
Rep:
(Original post by Saarahaq)

you'll also be given a clean copy in the exam )
Arsenal1471
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Could you please send me the link of the pre released content? My school don't care about it and haven't given us anything :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Historyfrenchfan
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tinkerbell1997)

you'll also be given a clean copy in the exam )
where abouts?
Historyfrenchfan
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arsenal1471)
Could you please send me the link of the pre released content? My school don't care about it and haven't given us anything :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
It might be because we are doing different exams to them. Are you doing general studies b by any chance?
Arsenal1471
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Historyfrenchfan)
It might be because we are doing different exams to them. Are you doing general studies b by any chance?
Yes I am, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arsenal1471
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It is different for B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tinkerbell1997
Rep:
where abouts?
are you general studies A or B?
Historyfrenchfan
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Tinkerbell1997)
are you general studies A or B?
General studies B. It is appears that only General studies A needs a case study
Historyfrenchfan
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
How are you guys revising? I've got no idea. I'm just looking at the latest debates on the latest news section on the student room lol
Tinkerbell1997
Rep:
General studies B. It is appears that only General studies A needs a case study
yeah thats why i was asking whether you were A or B

only A has prerelease materials

should've said that, sorry haha
Historyfrenchfan
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
How are you guys revising?
Historyfrenchfan
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
How are you going to structure your answers?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7.2%
October 2021 (116)
49.15%
November 2021 (23)
9.75%
December 2021 (31)
13.14%
January 2021 (21)
8.9%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.32%