Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling cheap and used. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this is a side effect of the drugs causing depresison but I since I got back only one of my mates asked me how I was, none of my uni mates did, in fact when I was in hospital they sent me text messages asking what time I was attending the exam, even though I told them I was in hospital.

Now my one mate I thought I did have his moaning about his unreliable computer which I built for him and went into a lot of trouble over.

The only get well cards I have had was from a neighbour and my aunty. The people on this forum seem to care about me more than my own so called friends. I am so fed up:confused: . I just want to move out of Manchester and start a new life when I graudate.

ReputationRep:
    Just moved the thread in case anybody is confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Just moved the thread in case anybody is confused.
    where is it now? I can't find it..but i feel really sorry for you, they are not worth it. They could at least come and visit you or pay their respects. Are you sure they all know that you have had an operation?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry man, start a new life make people want you. Or it might be they are all stressed coz of exams.

ReputationRep:
    You said your sister wasn't sympathetic either.

Perhaps you just need to realise that a lot of people are selfish and forget about other people. It's a sad fact. I don't want to make you feel worse, but I'm sure the people who wished you luck did so because it was convenient to just throw a post in or because it might make them seem like a "nice, caring" person.

Life can be crap, but it isn't always. Honest!

ReputationRep:
    One of the people isn't even at university, so is doing no exmas. I did originaly put this on the private forum in case anybody I from university reads this but Iam past caring now.

They say when you're ill you learn who your true friends are and it seems I hardly have any.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)

Perhaps you just need to realise that a lot of people are selfish and forget about other people. It's a sad fact. I don't want to make you feel worse, but I'm sure the people who wished you luck did so because it was convenient to just throw a post in or because it might make them seem like a "nice, caring" person.

Way to go Blissy :rolleyes: I certainly didn't wish him luck just because it was convenient or to make me look nice. :rolleyes:
    You'll get over it though AT, everyone has crap friends really. And down periods, but things will get better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)

My sisters been a bit a nicer since the other day its why I deleted that post, my best mate did ask how I was but I am angry at him for maoning about the computer I built him because he knows I hate people using me.

I'll be ok, its probably just the pain killers and the fact I haven't been out for days. I am hoping to go a little walk tomorrow so that should cheer me up a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Way to go Blissy :rolleyes: I certainly didn't wish him luck just because it was convenient or to make me look nice. :rolleyes:
    Ditto!

AT everything happens for a reason and although you might be fed up now you can never predict what the future will bring, try not to let it get you down and just listen to smithy

ReputationRep:
    Take care AmazingTrade. This is a really selfish world and people can be so heartless. Hope that we in this forum can do our part to make you feel slightly better. *hugs*

xoxo

ReputationRep:
    It sounds extremely sad to admit this but people on this are helping better than my own friends

I think all its really done is mad me more determined to do a masters and move out to a different university when I graduate to start a new life. I am still young so its not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    If you want you can sign up to be one of Acaila's "hug whores"

ReputationRep:
    The people who really care are the ones who are there the whole time. When I had my hernia operation, I got loads of random people phoning me and I just couldn't have care less. They were just empty gestures. It's like people who only go and support their football teams for the big matches. They're not true fans. The people who matter don't need to come out and make they're feelings obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    The people who really care are the ones who are there the whole time. When I had my hernia operation, I got loads of random people phoning me and I just couldn't have care less. They were just empty gestures. It's like people who only go and support their football teams for the big matches. They're not true fans. The people who matter don't need to come out and make they're feelings obvious.
    Well I had zero phone calls, at least they were kind of thinking about you even it wasn't toaly genuine. Just out of interest what kind of operation did you have was it open or keywhole? also how long did it take before you could walk to shops alone again?

I think I am recovering but I still haven't been able to take change my dressing or have a wash yet.

ReputationRep:
    Well I had zero phone calls, at least they were kind of thinking about you even it wasn't toaly genuine. Just out of interest what kind of operation did you have was it open or keywhole? also how long did it take before you could walk to shops alone again?

I think I am recovering but I still haven't been able to take change my dressing or have a wash yet.
    It was open and I was walking to the shops the day after surgery (not by choice, my parents just hate me).

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this is a side effect of the drugs causing depresison but I since I got back only one of my mates asked me how I was, none of my uni mates did, in fact when I was in hospital they sent me text messages asking what time I was attending the exam, even though I told them I was in hospital.

Now my one mate I thought I did have his moaning about his unreliable computer which I built for him and went into a lot of trouble over.

The only get well cards I have had was from a neighbour and my aunty. The people on this forum seem to care about me more than my own so called friends. I am so fed up:confused: . I just want to move out of Manchester and start a new life when I graudate.
    hey, i feel sorry for you, but there are times when i have also felt that i had much fewer friends than i had originally thought. but i still think moving out of manchester is taking it a bit far, in that i know that you like(d) the place a lot, so surely just living in different part of the city is the same as starting a new life, or maybe im just naive.

anyway, why did you go to hospital (sorry, if asked before) was it actually because of depression or something related?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    It was open and I was walking to the shops the day after surgery (not by choice, my parents just hate me).
    Blimey you're lucky, I only started walking around yesterday but not been out yet apart from the garden. Mine was open too, but as mine was a large one maybe they had to cut a deep whole I don't know. I certainly hope to able to go to the shops tomorrow and have a wash. I may have a wash tonight actaully.

ReputationRep:

you know we all love you so u have to cheer up! if u dont cheer up im gonna tell u a joke and im sure u dont wanna hear my joke! cheer up!!!

ReputationRep:
    I could be wrong, but maybe it's the boredem of 24 hours a day of staring at peeling eggshell blue walls making you feel down and a little bit paranoid. I've never visited friends who've had a stay in hospital, even my slosets friends, only ever very close family. I've not had visits while in hospital from them either. It's also hard to get in contact with those in hospital sometimes.
    Doesn't by any means mean that they're using you.

I'm not having a go, I couldn't possibly understand the logic of your friends, I'm just trying to add another possible take on the situation...

ReputationRep:
    Blimey you're lucky, I only started walking around yesterday but not been out yet apart from the garden. Mine was open too, but as mine was a large one maybe they had to cut a deep whole I don't know. I certainly hope to able to go to the shops tomorrow and have a wash. I may have a wash tonight actaully.
    Spongebath

A punishment for your sister!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.