Women wearing mens clothes

Watch
battycatlady
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
They aren't men's clothes. They're just clothes. It's perfectly ok for a guy to wear a dress and for a girl to wear trakkies. You can still be girly and wear 'boys clothes'- it doesn't make you any less of a woman.

I'm generally super girly with what I wear; I love my dresses and skirts. Having said that, I have a couple of suits and occasionally wear a shirt/waist coat/cravat combo
Little Tail Chaser
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't wear men's clothes, I wear my clothes. And since I'm not a man, they're not men's clothes.

But yeah, I purchase stuff that is apparently targeted at men. I buy the clothes I wanna buy, seemples.
jchampjchamp
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A lot of 'male' clothing is seen as far more unisex nowadays to be honest. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if I saw a woman wearing blokes clothing.
ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ufo_01)
oh ok. I normally think the opposite lol
Girls have more choice in terms of clothing
puddingbot
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I buy tshirts from the men's section in Primark pretty often because they always have fun designs on them whereas a lot of the women's tshirts in there now are kinda boring. But I don't think that really counts lol a tshirt is a tshirt I guess
Frappé
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well i wanted an oversized denim jacket. All the womens ones were cropped and slim; generally not what i was looking for. Without going to a thrift shop or something my only option left is mens and im okay with that (but the buttons are on the right how weird!!!).
I dont really know how i feel tbh but theyre much nicer in the mens section!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
farawayfromnowhere
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Tbh most 'men' clothing is fairly plain and it could be passed off as unisex a lot of the time.
Personally I have quite a few hoodies, checkered shirts & general tees that were classed as 'men's clothing' and no one can really tell nor has anyone mentioned it before - generally only wear them when I'm having a 'lazy' day though or when it's just really cold & gloomy outside as mens clothing is so much more practical & comfortable as people have mentioned before.

But I'd say just do you, if you want to wear men's clothing then wear them. Who cares what others think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hollyxjay
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
A lot of things I guy (mainly shirts, t-shirts, vests, and long shirts) are all from the men's section. Topman, ASOS and Primark is where I tend to shop I just prefer the way they are designed from the sleeves to any type print thing they have on it. I have gotten some funny looks in the past for shopping in Topman but I try and pass it off like I'm shopping for a guy friend
beeninetytwo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like to think that I judge people equally on their questionable choice in clothing :fluffy:

I definitely think that some clothing is made with an intended gender in mind, like, it is probably cut to flatter the typical figure for that gender. For example dresses that allow for hip room or neck lines of dresses, Or the willy part of men's jeans are lower than lovely camel toe jeans when you pull them up to high :indiff:

All of my sister's clothing (other than her bras) is from the men's section. She made a decent point about her coat being made better and a thicker material/warmer than the women's similar coat from the same shop. I think that she prefers to wear man clothes for aestetics and the quality of the clothing is just an added benefit :pirateprincess:

I always have and will wear clothing made for ladies with plunging, low necklines. :daydreaming::daydreaming: Tbh the patterns on male and female clothes aren't that different at the moment :nah::nah: I don't reallllllllly care what other people do unless it's super ugly and hurts my eyes :dontknow:

:flybye:
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have a Topman t-shirt which I bought because I liked the design (it was from a discount shop which sold out of season stock and I didn't even realise it was a men's one at the time). I bought a hoody and a plain black jumper the men's sections of George and Primark because they didn't have what I was after in the women's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Truflais
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
I love wearing boxers and men's clothes :moon: But only when I'm bumming around. I feel a lot more confident in dresses etc.
RainSheep
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You can and you should if you want to!
RainSheep
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ForgetMe)
I wish I could wear girl's clothes except certain stuff like dresses :teehee:
You can if you want to, you should!
ThronesRanger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ahhaha sounds like me, wen i go shopping i just head to the men's section first and if i have extra time ill go through the women's section. And yes the mens clothes are waaaay more comfortable also they have better shoes.
ssharma.26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Way to go girl!!!! 🤘You and me very similar 😉
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I don't wear Mens clothes or undies, but its up to the individual, as to what they feel comfortable in.
greenthing
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
i wear mens clothes, mostly stolen from my brothers or my father. i agree, they are just so much more comfortable than clothes made for women! in fact i find that t-shirts sold in the mens section always seem to be made of much nicer materials than the ones in the female section. i don't know why, the womens t-shirts are always made of such thin, cheap fabric compared to the mens. they are just clothes, i think its stupid how people try to gender clothes. as long as it keeps you warm and you feel comfortable and happy then wear it
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by greenthing)
i wear mens clothes, mostly stolen from my brothers or my father. i agree, they are just so much more comfortable than clothes made for women! in fact i find that t-shirts sold in the mens section always seem to be made of much nicer materials than the ones in the female section. i don't know why, the womens t-shirts are always made of such thin, cheap fabric compared to the mens. they are just clothes, i think its stupid how people try to gender clothes. as long as it keeps you warm and you feel comfortable and happy then wear it
This is a pretty old thread, but to add my tuppence, I have no problem with people wearing what they want. It is completely natural however that clothes are gendered. Women's clothes are smaller and often made to accentuate the female form, which has been revered since prehistory.

Men's clothes aren't quite as accentuating as much, even for men. An exception to this would be the suit where the V of the shoulders and torso are accentuated. But apart from that, compared to women's casual clothes, men might as well wear bags.
cchloepx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
i prefer to buy mens tshirts because they're looser fitting. i hate how womens tshirts are always form-fitting- it's uncomfy!
Justaboutalive
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
I like wearing men's shirts/jumpers/hoodies because they are comfortable and oversized, like a blanket.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (237)
51.63%
No (222)
48.37%

Watched Threads