rac2482
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I just got offers from both uni Birmingham and Sheffield for urban studies. Sheffield obviously has much better reputation and rank comparing to Birmingham. However, I love the environment of Birmingham a lot. What confused me is that will the degree I get in Sheffield being easier than Birmingham to find jobs in the future because its reputation? And should I go Birmingham just I love it's environment?
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report 5 years ago
Birmingham doesn't offer a straight degree in Urban Studies so unless you want to combine it with geography or economics, I would go to Sheffield. I don't agree that Sheffield is "obviously better", they're both pretty much equal in terms of general reputation.

I think going to Birmingham simply because you prefer the environment would be a mistake. Sure, location and environment are factors but the course should be your main consideration - have a look at the structure and modules of each degree, which do you prefer? Sheffield's degree has better opportunities for studying abroad, is that something you want to do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (36)
8.18%
Confident (59)
13.41%
Indifferent (60)
13.64%
Unsure (113)
25.68%
Worried (172)
39.09%

Watched Threads