Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right well on the power issue we all know you get more whack per buck from PC's nowadays... admitedly windows sucks (looks it's fasionable to say that and i dissaprove of the enormity of M$) and linux is incompatible.

But use Win2k pro, sort out a few one time registry tweaks, set up everything nicely to start with, Use Mozilla to browse, defragment and DEFRAGMENT YOUR PAGEFILE every now and then with sperate utility... and you are set for a rather comfy life with a PC. Windows needs some TLC not to be evil.

Oh best thing: Make an image of your drive once you configured everything, then if everything wipes out because you are a muppet or windows sucks, then you spend 20 mins of your time, and then you're back with all your system working. I've had one crash (i.e. had to restart) in 6 moths of win2k, mainly using graphics and audio software.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.