The Student Room Group

I'm rarely attracted to men as I feel many men I encounter are not masculine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AvaAdore
Uh what? I don't approach or hit on guys because I have a boyfriend who I am faithful to. However I get hit on often by different kinds of people. 'Lads' are the worst cos it's literally like talking to an emotionally underdeveloped monkey that seems to think he's God's gift. I am not at school, I don't want a little boy. I want a masculine man who knows how to carry himself with quiet confidence.

Not really sure how 'beggars can't be choosers' applies here, 'hun'. Oh wait, I also have to end with an elongated 'looool' too right? Another cringeworthy and immature crime of language.

Why are you verbally attacking me? all I did was try to bring humor in some way to the conversation? how was I supposed to know your preferences vis-a-vis the way you held conversations and their construed meanings? And yet you have the audacity to term/describe/imply that my persona belongs to that of a child; with buzzwords that are meant to shut me up in my counter-arguments thereby 'supposedly' rendering my statements mute and illogical. Disgusting, repulsive and in all manners of the word and of speaking: incomprehensibly vile. I don't give a damn what you think about the way i articulate my being; regardless, the meaning and information conveyed understanding (somewhat) unto which you seem to have gained, albeit with prejudice for my viewpoints.

I didn't attack you in the same manner; but only suggested or paid adherence to the fact that in the way humanity courts, it's the male that has to do the approaching. I'd even wager that it was your boyfriend that made the first move regardless of the fact that you have one (which i didn't pay homage to or in anyway mention your relationship status: Nor do I Care). Calm yourself.

'I am not at school, I don't want a little boy. I want a masculine man who knows how to carry himself with quiet confidence.' < i don't care about your institution, nor did i inquire about your being (be it educational, marital, or in any form or plane of thinking) in anyway. Good for you for having preferences; but I didn't ask for them either nor do I care.
This was what my post referred to; with all emotional trauma and drama you bring to the argument being removed: i meant that, the very status of the way society is defined, controlled and established, suggests to the on-looker/outsider/self-aware, that the only way in which females are able to 'get a boyfriend', would be that they reject undesired potential suitors with the hope that someday, the 'perfect man' would be the one to make the first move (even though they way they carry themselves and their respective positions (vocal or otherwise) in society suggest that they crave and desire an advance in the way society comports itself in every manner of the speaking; yet they hold onto these barbaric ideologies). In addition, most would never be able to approach guys for themselves; ergo: 'beggars can't be choosers'. That is, seeing as most females do not take it upon themselves to 'make the first move', they shouldn't be complaining when the type of guys they seem able to attract are, for want of a better word: 'lads'. Now stop being such a condescending and patronizing child with your comments; grow up and realize that not every comment/poster on TSR is an attack at your expense. 'Emotionally underdeveloped' < Strong words; when you are the emotionally unstable one with a desire to read misconstrued meanings into neutrally defined comments and the desire to thereby verbally attack me, even though my prior post in no way did the same to you.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm so happy women like you still exist!

Original post by Anonymous
I feel many of the men, that at least I am surrounded by, are not masculine enough for me to hold any kind of sexual attraction.

I was beginning to wonder what happened to the women being attracted what used to be known as a masculine but a few years ago. Someone who you feel safe around, someone with a bit of experience, someone who you can rely on? Seems to be this is no longer even in the Top 10 in most women's lists today.

The most insulting thing I've ever heard was "Thought you were a young looking 30 something, you've done to much with your life"
I'm about to turn 23, and took a year out to do what most people only talk about doing (Skydiving, Travelling, ect). If being bone idle and scared to experience the world is what's attractive right now, I'm turning gay!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AvaAdore
Uh what? I don't approach or hit on guys because I have a boyfriend who I am faithful to. However I get hit on often by different kinds of people. 'Lads' are the worst cos it's literally like talking to an emotionally underdeveloped monkey that seems to think he's God's gift. I am not at school, I don't want a little boy. I want a masculine man who knows how to carry himself with quiet confidence.

Not really sure how 'beggars can't be choosers' applies here, 'hun'. Oh wait, I also have to end with an elongated 'looool' too right? Another cringeworthy and immature crime of language.

Fresh out of reps, but this is spot on.
You should move into an inner London borough.
(edited 8 years ago)
I am one of those guys who like to wear skinny jeans and nose rings ;P I also keep one true girl friend and **** around behind her back ... I think it's cool to be a player though .. You know what I mean ladies :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending