The Student Room Group

Anyway i can get proof of my license whilst waiting for it?

I'm currently waiting for my first full UK license to come through. I sent off for it myself though so I don't have my certificate or relevant documents.

I have been told I will be given a company van as soon as i bring in proof of my pass, so I am asking if a photocopy that i have of my certificate will provide adequate proof or will i require more? If i do require more is there anything i can obtain quickly to prove my pass?
Reply 1
If you know your licence number then you could use the new licence information viewer: https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number

From that you can generate a code to pass on to your employer, but whether they'll accept that without a photocard is up to them.
I seem to recall being told after I passed that as long as I had both my provisional license and my pass certificate, that would be accepted as proof of a full license by the police if needed until my full license arrived. Possible that your employer would accept the same thing?
Reply 3
Original post by Dez
If you know your licence number then you could use the new licence information viewer: https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.gov.uk/driving-record/licence-number

From that you can generate a code to pass on to your employer, but whether they'll accept that without a photocard is up to them.

Hi, I have just entered my details and it just shows I still have a provisional? Even though I passed my test on 05/06/2015? Any ideas as to why? Or is it saying this because I haven't yet had chance to send off for my main license?
Reply 4
Original post by JakeyWV
Hi, I have just entered my details and it just shows I still have a provisional? Even though I passed my test on 05/06/2015? Any ideas as to why? Or is it saying this because I haven't yet had chance to send off for my main license?

It doesn't update automatically, but it might update faster than Royal Mail can deliver a photocard to you. If you've not sent off for a licence upgrade yet then PT's idea might be more suitable for you.
Reply 5
this is why you should let the examiner do it, not only will it be done and processed faster, they don't even send away the provisional / counterpart, they bin them, but you'll then have your pass certificate as your proof of a full driving licence.

nothing you can do, other than wait for it to be processed and sent out, or updated on the view your licence website.

but if you were my employee, id let you just show the marking sheet, with the pass mark ticked :wink: so that might be worth a try.
Reply 6
Original post by kernow24
this is why you should let the examiner do it, not only will it be done and processed faster, they don't even send away the provisional / counterpart, they bin them, but you'll then have your pass certificate as your proof of a full driving licence.

nothing you can do, other than wait for it to be processed and sent out, or updated on the view your licence website.

but if you were my employee, id let you just show the marking sheet, with the pass mark ticked :wink: so that might be worth a try.

I know!!! I wasn't thinking straight and needed ID the following night for my friends birthday 😂. My employer is usually okay with stuff like it tbh so I'm hoping the certificate I've showed them is more than enough to get the insurance rolling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending