soultosqueeze
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just a quick question to anyone that's done A2 and has experienced results day, I'm a little confused about something.

In the envelope, will we be seeing the grades from JUST our A2 exams featured on the paper or our actual overall A-Level grades that combine the UMS of both AS and A2?

The thing is that I did well last year and this year probably not as well, but I should be able to still do well overall because of UMS. I want this to be reflected on results day - I want the full overall grades, not just my A2 ones.

Help would be handy, thanks.
cherryred90s
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by soultosqueeze)
Just a quick question to anyone that's done A2 and has experienced results day, I'm a little confused about something.

In the envelope, will we be seeing the grades from JUST our A2 exams featured on the paper or our actual overall A-Level grades that combine the UMS of both AS and A2?

The thing is that I did well last year and this year probably not as well, but I should be able to still do well overall because of UMS. I want this to be reflected on results day - I want the full overall grades, not just my A2 ones.

Help would be handy, thanks.
You'll get your overall A level grades along with the UMS points you obtained from each unit. So if you retook some AS modules in the A2 year, you'll see the UMS marks for those but the ones you didn't retake won't appear on this results sheet. You'll have to search for your results sheet from AS if you want to know the UMS marks you got for every single unit.

The grade boundaries will be available not long after results day so you could see how far off you were from the next grade..as you'll know your A2 UMS scores, you can easily calculate your AS marks
soultosqueeze
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by cherryred90s)
You'll get your over A level grades along with the UMS points you obtained from each unit. So if you retook some AS modules in the A2 year, you'll see the UMS marks for those but the ones you didn't retake won't appear on this results sheet. You'll have to search for your results sheet from AS if you want to know the UMS marks you got for every single unit
Brilliant, thanks
Dancatpro
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by cherryred90s)
You'll get your overall A level grades along with the UMS points you obtained from each unit. So if you retook some AS modules in the A2 year, you'll see the UMS marks for those but the ones you didn't retake won't appear on this results sheet. You'll have to search for your results sheet from AS if you want to know the UMS marks you got for every single unit.

The grade boundaries will be available not long after results day so you could see how far off you were from the next grade..as you'll know your A2 UMS scores, you can easily calculate your AS marks
I have been meaning to ask this for ages!

Anyway, so to clarify.

I will get the sheet of paper, at the very top (below the column heading), I will have my 3 subjects and the grades for the whole of the A level (AS + A2) beside that.

Then below that I will have the individual A2 modules and the respective grades and UMS?

I am just scared I will see a certain letter (i.e. A) and get excited and then be so disappoint

Do you have an example you could show me, would be very useful and help me calm down a bit
AmyPilot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dancatpro)
I have been meaning to ask this for ages!

Anyway, so to clarify.

I will get the sheet of paper, at the very top (below the column heading), I will have my 3 subjects and the grades for the whole of the A level (AS + A2) beside that.

Then below that I will have the individual A2 modules and the respective grades and UMS?

I am just scared I will see a certain letter (i.e. A) and get excited and then be so disappoint

Do you have an example you could show me, would be very useful and help me calm down a bit
Just checked my results sheet from last year!

It listed each subject separately (in alphabetical order)
Highlighted on the first line was the overall grade shown with a capital letter
Underneath it listed:

Total ums score of whole A2
then the ums breakdown for each A2 unit - so to figure out AS ums you had to do a quick bit of maths if you don't now it by heart!

I took 4 A2's so had four separate sections.

Good luck
Dancatpro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AmyPilot)
Just checked my results sheet from last year!

It listed each subject separately (in alphabetical order)
Highlighted on the first line was the overall grade shown with a capital letter
Underneath it listed:

Total ums score of whole A2
then the ums breakdown for each A2 unit - so to figure out AS ums you had to do a quick bit of maths if you don't now it by heart!

I took 4 A2's so had four separate sections.

Good luck
Brilliant, thanks so much!

I have an unconditional offer from sussex, which I have accepted, but I want my 3 A's so badly regardless
AmyPilot
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Brilliant, thanks so much!

I have an unconditional offer from sussex, which I have accepted, but I want my 3 A's so badly regardless
Oh good for you - takes the pressure off but hope you get the results you want!

What you studying at A2 and what you heading to uni to study?
Dancatpro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AmyPilot)
Oh good for you - takes the pressure off but hope you get the results you want!

What you studying at A2 and what you heading to uni to study?
Maths, physics, computing (chemistry at AS).

Physics at uni, may change course from normal physics to a branch of physics if I find that I love a certain topic.

I do also get £3000 (£2000 off accomodation and £1000 cash) as a financial incentive if I get 3 A's

However I love "symmetry" (not the right word really :P) in my grades.

Thanks
AmyPilot
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maths, physics, computing (chemistry at AS).

Physics at uni, may change course from normal physics to a branch of physics if I find that I love a certain topic.

I do also get £3000 (£2000 off accomodation and £1000 cash) as a financial incentive if I get 3 A's

However I love "symmetry" (not the right word really :P) in my grades.

Thanks
Oh no! A maths and science genius - I am running away now!

I like the idea of symmetry too - looks more balanced!

Jealous about the financial incentives - I got A*AAA at A2 and qualified for nothing as my course is NHS funded so is disbars me from uni bursaries - sigh - still - no tuition fees debt haha

Enjoy!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (399)
56.36%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise