Franken
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am GCE student and just finished my AS-LEVEL Courses and Exams.
I want to do a EPQ which is about Aerospace Engineering.
Can anyone give me some ideas about it?? I'm really stuck on it.
RemainSilent
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Franken)
I am GCE student and just finished my AS-LEVEL Courses and Exams.
I want to do a EPQ which is about Aerospace Engineering.
Can anyone give me some ideas about it?? I'm really stuck on it.
autopilots and how they work is a good start
bigboateng
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RemainSilent)
autopilots and how they work is a good start

This is a good idea actually. But because epq requires your project title to be some sort of question, maybe you can research into the extent that autopilot could be used? For example can we trust planes to self land or take off? To really impress the universities in your personal statement, you can research into flight control algorithms (although there isn't a specific one), or just research into control algorithms in general like PID and talk about how airplanes uses this method to control actuators etc. You can also look into a bit about the mathematics used in control such as Laplace transforms (khan academy has good videos on this, learning how to solve a 2nd order differential equation with Laplace transform is good enough which you can mention on your personal statement). So you don't have to necessarily know how PID control is used in a plane but just the idea that its part of the ways autopilots work. If you want more info you can PM me as I have an interest in this topic
tripleseven
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Hello

I saw very excited when I saw this topic because I'm doing an EPQ and I too want to do something based on aerospace engineering - which is what I would like to do at university - I was thinking of doing an EPQ based on the 737 rudder PCU flaws, what went wrong and how it led to the crashes of USAir 427 and United 535 and in the long run, how much it improved passenger safety post 90s.... Would you advice this be a good idea for an EPQ or should I do something different?

Thanks in advance!
nbsika
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello, I’m doing epq this year and I find this topic really interesting is it possible to get in touch with you via WhatsApp?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads