Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Most "respected" A-Levels? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemma.....)
    Haha ...... :cool:
    im sorry ill go now and leave you to your shakespeare!

Haha ...... :cool:
    What are these messages you're sending me thanks 6265 2077 6974 6820 6D65? What's that suppose to mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FaerieLand)
    im sorry ill go now and leave you to your shakespeare!
    oh no, i prefer some of the other types of communication too you know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fantasy`)
    What are these messages you're sending me thanks 6265 2077 6974 6820 6D65? What's that suppose to mean?
    i never did that!

ReputationRep:
    YOU ARE SO TRYING TO MAKE ME LOOK FOOLISH BY DECODING THAT YOU....ON THIS THREAD - I WASN'T BORN ON A BANANA BOAT.

i never did that!
    Is that hexadecimal Gemma.. what does it read?

ReputationRep:
    Is that hexadecimal Gemma.. what does it read?
    AhH wassup? trying to intervene here -after seeing that someone is about to propose to me :eek: :rolleyes:

AhH wassup? trying to intervene here -after seeing that someone is about to propose to me :eek: :rolleyes:
    Looks like I scared em off :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I scared em off :rolleyes:
    I so know your game.

ReputationRep:
    Maths,Further Maths,Physics,Chemistry,Economic s,English literature,History,Politics,Lati n......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    Maths,Further Maths,Physics,Chemistry,Economic s,English literature,History,Politics,Lati n......
    ...Languages...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    The assumption that Maths and Sciences are more respected than Arts/Social Sciences is simply based on the views of university science/maths departments. To a strong extent both Maths and Science can be 'learned' by memorising the text books, though this is particularly true of science. This is in contrast to English, History, Latin (Other Languages) which to be passed at a good level require more inate intelligence in those subjects or require specific essay writing etc skills to be built up and actually learned rather than memorised over the course.

These threads are only useful if you divide them between Sciency subjects and Arts subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought that all A levels were equally respectable, it depends what subjects interest you the most

At the end of the day an A level's an A level

(Original post by Fry)
    To a strong extent both Maths and Science can be 'learned' by memorising the text books,
    I agree with the jist of your post but I have yet to meet someone who could coast A-level maths based on "memorising the text books".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    I agree with the jist of your post but I have yet to meet someone who could coast A-level maths based on "memorising the text books".
    Yeh I meant more the Sciency subjects though to some extent maths if you are already good at it.

ReputationRep:
    English, History, Law, Geography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    I would have thought that all A levels were equally respectable, it depends what subjects interest you the most

At the end of the day an A level's an A level
    i totally agree!!!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.