The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City or Royal Holloway or Reading for Economics?

Guys please help me to decide which university I should choose for economics course?
Reputation and location are very important for me. What can you say about each of them?
City or reading definitely! Royal holloway is poor in terms of rep
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by cansarica
City or reading definitely! Royal holloway is poor in terms of rep

thanks for the reply!

according to some ratings Royal Holloway and Reading are almost the same in terms of the economics course and overall, while the City is much lower ... maybe something I do not take into account ?
moreover, royal holloway belongs to the University of London. Is this title prestigious?
Disagree with the other poster, RHUL would probably impress me more than City or Reading, also it's absolutely beautiful. I don't really know people who went to any of these unis though so idk.

In terms of avg graduate starting salary for economics it's City>RHUL>Reading

In terms of avg UCAS points of students for Economics it goes RHUL>City>Reading

Location wise City offers the biggest difference from the other two being in London. Can't really comment beyond that, though.
Blooming RHUL I reckon
Reply 5
don't focus on reputation, just go there and maybe talk to current economics students. I studied in a "respected" and "prestigious" university and pffff , it was not very good just "reputation" because the quality of the course was super disappointing , I felt very jealous when I knew that some friends where in lower ranked universities and they were happier and learning much more than me .... just be careful

Quick Reply